*Frank Ocean may be relocating to Shanghai after the Grammy Awards this weekend to take a break from music while completing his first novel.
The singer will be performing at the Grammys on Sunday while hoping to win at least one of his six nominations, but he told the New York Times that his post-awards plans include travelling to “remote locations” over the next two years to record a follow-up to his critically-acclaimed debut album, “Channel Orange,” while writing his first novel.
Explaining his plans after the Grammys on Feb. 10, the singer told the newspaper: “[I plan to write] in remote locations for the next two years. I’ve started writing the book. You can say that. It’s fiction, and it’s about brothers. That’s all I’m going to say.”
While most of his music deals with the issue of heartbreak and other kinds of suffering, Frank says fans can expect perhaps more of a lighter tone in his book. “I hope not to define myself by suffering. I don’t worry about where [the inspiration] will come from,” Frank said.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Cute as Heck: 10-Year Old Gets to 'Play Bass' With Paul McCartney (Watch)
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here