*Gabby Douglas, Toni Braxton and Wendy Williams helped to kick off Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York last night by walking the annual Heart Truth red dress show.
Olympic gold medal gymnast Douglas blew kisses and waved to the audience as she walked down the runway in a Pamela Rowland gown.
“I am so honored to be given this platform to inspire girls and young women to follow their dreams,” she told Fox 411.
Braxton, who premieres in the Lifetime Original Movie “Twist of Fate” on Sunday, had focused eyes and a straight face as she walked intensely in Herve L. Leroux
Talk show host Williams sung while on the catwalk, mouthing along the words to Diana Ross’ “I’m Coming Out,” as she waved at the audience.
“I only wear red a few times a year,” Williams said. “It’s usually by request. It’s so flashy.”
But she said she felt great in the Norma Kamali dress she wore to the show, which she bragged could be worn eight different ways.
“I feel like fashion should not be expensive,” she said. “I wanted to wear something that was more affordable, more attainable for the every day woman.”
All the women walking the show were enthusiastic about the message behind their red dresses, which aimed to raise awareness about the dangers of heart disease for women.
Williams added that the show was essentially about “empowering women.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here