*Gabby Douglas, Toni Braxton and Wendy Williams helped to kick off Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York last night by walking the annual Heart Truth red dress show.
Olympic gold medal gymnast Douglas blew kisses and waved to the audience as she walked down the runway in a Pamela Rowland gown.
“I am so honored to be given this platform to inspire girls and young women to follow their dreams,” she told Fox 411.
Braxton, who premieres in the Lifetime Original Movie “Twist of Fate” on Sunday, had focused eyes and a straight face as she walked intensely in Herve L. Leroux
Talk show host Williams sung while on the catwalk, mouthing along the words to Diana Ross’ “I’m Coming Out,” as she waved at the audience.
“I only wear red a few times a year,” Williams said. “It’s usually by request. It’s so flashy.”
But she said she felt great in the Norma Kamali dress she wore to the show, which she bragged could be worn eight different ways.
“I feel like fashion should not be expensive,” she said. “I wanted to wear something that was more affordable, more attainable for the every day woman.”
All the women walking the show were enthusiastic about the message behind their red dresses, which aimed to raise awareness about the dangers of heart disease for women.
Williams added that the show was essentially about “empowering women.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- T.I. New York City Concert Shooting: 1 Dead, 3 Wounded
- Generation Rent: How Young Families are Adapting to Apartment Living
- THE (05-26-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EUR on the Scene: 2nd Annual Alma Del Barrio Salsa Festival
- People of Note: Paying Tribute to Michael
- The Legend Continues Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here