*Gabby Douglas, Toni Braxton and Wendy Williams helped to kick off Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York last night by walking the annual Heart Truth red dress show.
Olympic gold medal gymnast Douglas blew kisses and waved to the audience as she walked down the runway in a Pamela Rowland gown.
“I am so honored to be given this platform to inspire girls and young women to follow their dreams,” she told Fox 411.
Braxton, who premieres in the Lifetime Original Movie “Twist of Fate” on Sunday, had focused eyes and a straight face as she walked intensely in Herve L. Leroux
Talk show host Williams sung while on the catwalk, mouthing along the words to Diana Ross’ “I’m Coming Out,” as she waved at the audience.
“I only wear red a few times a year,” Williams said. “It’s usually by request. It’s so flashy.”
But she said she felt great in the Norma Kamali dress she wore to the show, which she bragged could be worn eight different ways.
“I feel like fashion should not be expensive,” she said. “I wanted to wear something that was more affordable, more attainable for the every day woman.”
All the women walking the show were enthusiastic about the message behind their red dresses, which aimed to raise awareness about the dangers of heart disease for women.
Williams added that the show was essentially about “empowering women.”
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- RGIII Gets Standing Ovation at Redskins Event
- Watch ‘Melville’, the SXSW Short Michael Strahan is Developing for TV
- AcaciaTV Strives To Increase Diversity In Fitness Videos, Training
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here