*There’s been movement in the case of Hadiya Pendleton.
According to the Associated Press, two gang members were charged with murder Monday in the death of the 15-year-old Chicago honor student who was shot just days after returning from Washington, where she performed during President Barack Obama’s inauguration festivities.
Michael Ward, 18, and Kenneth Williams, 20, were charged with one count of first-degree murder, two counts of attempted murder and aggravated battery with a firearm, Chicago police spokeswoman Melissa Stratton said.
The two young men were described by police as “persons of interest” when they were taken into custody early Sunday, a day after first lady Michelle Obama and other dignitaries attended the funeral of Hadiya Pendleton.
Pendleton, a popular high school majorette, was with a group of friends who took cover during a rainstorm under a canopy in a park about a mile from the Obama home on the city’s South Side. Police said a man hopped a fence, ran toward them and opened fire with a handgun. Pendleton was struck in the back and died later that day. Two others were injured.
Read/learn more at NewsOne.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Madonna Claps Back at BET - Tamar Dropped From Record Label?
- Parents of Alabama Teen Electrocuted in Lake Warns Others to 'Be Careful' (Video)
- Snoop Dogg Right on 'Roots' Remake for the Wrong Reasons (Video)
- ‘Roots’ Remake Draws 5.3M Viewers Against Record-Setting NBA Playoff Game
- What Mariah Carey Wore to ‘Live with Kelly’s’ Daytime Pajama Party (Watch)
- Pics Surface of Alleged Khloe Kardashian/Odell Beckham Jr. Hookup at Drake's Party
- Why Alicia Keys is Not Wearing Makeup These Days
- Chuck D, B-Real, Tom Morello Form New Band 'Prophets of Rage'
- Dez Bryant Salutes Spelling Bee Co-Champ Who Threw His ‘X’ Sign
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here