*There’s been movement in the case of Hadiya Pendleton.
According to the Associated Press, two gang members were charged with murder Monday in the death of the 15-year-old Chicago honor student who was shot just days after returning from Washington, where she performed during President Barack Obama’s inauguration festivities.
Michael Ward, 18, and Kenneth Williams, 20, were charged with one count of first-degree murder, two counts of attempted murder and aggravated battery with a firearm, Chicago police spokeswoman Melissa Stratton said.
The two young men were described by police as “persons of interest” when they were taken into custody early Sunday, a day after first lady Michelle Obama and other dignitaries attended the funeral of Hadiya Pendleton.
Pendleton, a popular high school majorette, was with a group of friends who took cover during a rainstorm under a canopy in a park about a mile from the Obama home on the city’s South Side. Police said a man hopped a fence, ran toward them and opened fire with a handgun. Pendleton was struck in the back and died later that day. Two others were injured.
Read/learn more at NewsOne.
- Director Admits Cutting Roger Goodell Scene in Will Smith’s ‘Concussion’ Film
- Director Ripped for Taylor Swift’s 'Very White Africa' in New Video (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton, Chaka Khan, Kim Zolciak Set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Fox News Anchor Harris Faulkner Sues Hasbro over Toy Hamster
- Porsha Not Pressing Charges Against Cynthia for Stomach Kick
- Venus Williams Graduates from Indiana University
- Chris Bosh’s Baby Mama Reportedly Unable to Afford Bankruptcy Payments
- MTV Says Nicki-Miley Beef 'Unscripted and Real' (Watch it Unedited)
- Cops Enter Wrong House, Kill Dog, Shoot Owner & Fellow Officer (WATCH)
- Black Female Celebs Rule Magazine Covers (At Least for Now)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here