Two men whave been detained in connection to the 15-year-old’s tragic death in Chicago.
She was among a slew of young people who attended the inauguration and participated in the D.C. activities. Her death has served as an alarm, bringing America’s attention to the increasing gun issues and murder in the president’s hometown.
A Cook County judge ordered Michael Ward, 18, and Kenneth Williams, 20 to be held without bail after prosecution recounted the events of the night the honor student was killed.
Prosecutors said the suspects were in a vehicle circling the park when they spotted Pendleton and her group of friends, convinced they were rival gang members.
Williams handed Ward a gun, and Ward snuck up on the group and opened fire, shooting at least six times, prosecutors said.
“She was able to make it outside of the park and then collapsed on the street,” Assistant Cook County state’s attorney Jennifer Sexton said.
Pendleton died later that day. Police have not recovered the firearm. Sexton said prosecutors have cell phone records placing Williams near the park on the day of the shooting.
“Ward admitted he snuck up on the group and they didn’t see him coming,” Sexton said.
Both Ward and Williams belong to SUWU gang, which has a long rival history with 4-6 Terror gang.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Marcus Anderson Cast in John Ridley Drama Pilot ‘Presence’
- Black Paranormal Investigators ‘Ghost Brothers’ Set at Destination America
- Future Calls BS on Ciara’s $15M Defamation Lawsuit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here