Two men whave been detained in connection to the 15-year-old’s tragic death in Chicago.
She was among a slew of young people who attended the inauguration and participated in the D.C. activities. Her death has served as an alarm, bringing America’s attention to the increasing gun issues and murder in the president’s hometown.
A Cook County judge ordered Michael Ward, 18, and Kenneth Williams, 20 to be held without bail after prosecution recounted the events of the night the honor student was killed.
Prosecutors said the suspects were in a vehicle circling the park when they spotted Pendleton and her group of friends, convinced they were rival gang members.
Williams handed Ward a gun, and Ward snuck up on the group and opened fire, shooting at least six times, prosecutors said.
“She was able to make it outside of the park and then collapsed on the street,” Assistant Cook County state’s attorney Jennifer Sexton said.
Pendleton died later that day. Police have not recovered the firearm. Sexton said prosecutors have cell phone records placing Williams near the park on the day of the shooting.
“Ward admitted he snuck up on the group and they didn’t see him coming,” Sexton said.
Both Ward and Williams belong to SUWU gang, which has a long rival history with 4-6 Terror gang.
- How ABC Wooed Tyra Banks Back Into Daytime with 'FABLife'
- Amber Rose, Blac Chyna Twerk in Uber En Route to VMAs (Watch)
- Trick Daddy Files for Bankruptcy Amid Child Support Bills
- MTV Wants Kanye West to Host 2016 Video Music Awards (Report)
- Iowa Poll: Ben Carson Suddenly In a Tie With Donald Trump
- DC’s NFL Team: RG3 Demoted; DeSean Jackson Pisses Off Women
- Hulk Hogan Says He Was Suicidal Over N-Word Scandal: ‘I'm Not A Racist’ (Watch)
- Producers of Katrina Relief Telethon Reflect on 'Kanye Moment' for 10th Anniversary
- Allergic to Clothes: Indian Farmer Has Been Naked for 40 Years!
- Pres. Obama to Appear on NBC’s ‘Running Wild With Bear Grylls’…For Real
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here