*Ted Nugent won’t be the only invited guest at tonight’s State of the Union address.
First lady Michelle Obama will have a survivor of the Dec. 14 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting with her in her box at Tuesday’s State of the Union address when President Barack Obama is expected to address measures to curb gun violence in his speech.
According to The Huffington Post, a person from Newtown, Conn. will be in the first lady’s box, although that person’s name was not released.
Additional guests of Michelle Obama include Apple CEO Tim Cook, NASA systems administrator Bobak Ferdowsi and 102-year-old Miami resident Desiline Victor, who waited in line for three hours to vote on Election Day.
Others touched by the country’s tragic mass shootings also will be in attendance. Reps. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.), Elizabeth Esty (D-Conn.), and Gloria Negrete-McLeod (D-Calif.) will bring individuals from Newtown, while Reps. Diana DeGette (D-Colo.) and Ed Perlmutter (D-Colo.) will have relatives of a victim of the Aurora movie theater shooting.
The mother of Chicago shooting victim Hadiya Pendleton — the young woman who performed with her school band at Obama’s inauguration — will be Rep. Brad Schneider’s (D-Ill.) guest.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here