*Ted Nugent won’t be the only invited guest at tonight’s State of the Union address.
First lady Michelle Obama will have a survivor of the Dec. 14 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting with her in her box at Tuesday’s State of the Union address when President Barack Obama is expected to address measures to curb gun violence in his speech.
According to The Huffington Post, a person from Newtown, Conn. will be in the first lady’s box, although that person’s name was not released.
Additional guests of Michelle Obama include Apple CEO Tim Cook, NASA systems administrator Bobak Ferdowsi and 102-year-old Miami resident Desiline Victor, who waited in line for three hours to vote on Election Day.
Others touched by the country’s tragic mass shootings also will be in attendance. Reps. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.), Elizabeth Esty (D-Conn.), and Gloria Negrete-McLeod (D-Calif.) will bring individuals from Newtown, while Reps. Diana DeGette (D-Colo.) and Ed Perlmutter (D-Colo.) will have relatives of a victim of the Aurora movie theater shooting.
The mother of Chicago shooting victim Hadiya Pendleton — the young woman who performed with her school band at Obama’s inauguration — will be Rep. Brad Schneider’s (D-Ill.) guest.
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Missy Elliott Reportedly Joins ‘The Voice’ Season 9 as a Mentor
- Dylann Roof Enters 33 ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas in Federal Court
- Unauthorized Beyoncé Bio to Reveal Inside Deets on 'SolangeGate'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here