*Ted Nugent won’t be the only invited guest at tonight’s State of the Union address.
First lady Michelle Obama will have a survivor of the Dec. 14 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting with her in her box at Tuesday’s State of the Union address when President Barack Obama is expected to address measures to curb gun violence in his speech.
According to The Huffington Post, a person from Newtown, Conn. will be in the first lady’s box, although that person’s name was not released.
Additional guests of Michelle Obama include Apple CEO Tim Cook, NASA systems administrator Bobak Ferdowsi and 102-year-old Miami resident Desiline Victor, who waited in line for three hours to vote on Election Day.
Others touched by the country’s tragic mass shootings also will be in attendance. Reps. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.), Elizabeth Esty (D-Conn.), and Gloria Negrete-McLeod (D-Calif.) will bring individuals from Newtown, while Reps. Diana DeGette (D-Colo.) and Ed Perlmutter (D-Colo.) will have relatives of a victim of the Aurora movie theater shooting.
The mother of Chicago shooting victim Hadiya Pendleton — the young woman who performed with her school band at Obama’s inauguration — will be Rep. Brad Schneider’s (D-Ill.) guest.
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Perspective on Harris Co. Deputy's Death by Project 21 Member Who Served with Him
- RHOA Fight: Cynthia Bailey Kicked Porsha Williams in the Stomach (Report)
- James Bond Author Now ‘Sorry’ for Calling Idris Elba ‘Too Street’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here