*Ted Nugent won’t be the only invited guest at tonight’s State of the Union address.
First lady Michelle Obama will have a survivor of the Dec. 14 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting with her in her box at Tuesday’s State of the Union address when President Barack Obama is expected to address measures to curb gun violence in his speech.
According to The Huffington Post, a person from Newtown, Conn. will be in the first lady’s box, although that person’s name was not released.
Additional guests of Michelle Obama include Apple CEO Tim Cook, NASA systems administrator Bobak Ferdowsi and 102-year-old Miami resident Desiline Victor, who waited in line for three hours to vote on Election Day.
Others touched by the country’s tragic mass shootings also will be in attendance. Reps. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.), Elizabeth Esty (D-Conn.), and Gloria Negrete-McLeod (D-Calif.) will bring individuals from Newtown, while Reps. Diana DeGette (D-Colo.) and Ed Perlmutter (D-Colo.) will have relatives of a victim of the Aurora movie theater shooting.
The mother of Chicago shooting victim Hadiya Pendleton — the young woman who performed with her school band at Obama’s inauguration — will be Rep. Brad Schneider’s (D-Ill.) guest.
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Black Lives Matter Interview with Lucy McBath
- Congresswoman Waters Applauds U.S.-Cuba Agreement to Open Embassies
- A Camping Checklist for the Prepared Parent
- Surprise! Prince Drops New Sexy Song: 'HardRockLover' (LISTEN)
- The Drought and Fireworks!
- Jordan Flaherty Explores Racial and Economic Justice Issues in New Documentary Series
- THE (07-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- See the Highly Anticipated WGN Thriller 'Underground' at the 2015 Essence Festival with Jurnee Smollett and Show's Other Stars
- OWN's 'The Haves and the Have Nots' Set Ratings Records
- Why Aren't Our Black Celebrities Supporting Black Theatre ... Financially?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here