*Ted Nugent won’t be the only invited guest at tonight’s State of the Union address.
First lady Michelle Obama will have a survivor of the Dec. 14 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting with her in her box at Tuesday’s State of the Union address when President Barack Obama is expected to address measures to curb gun violence in his speech.
According to The Huffington Post, a person from Newtown, Conn. will be in the first lady’s box, although that person’s name was not released.
Additional guests of Michelle Obama include Apple CEO Tim Cook, NASA systems administrator Bobak Ferdowsi and 102-year-old Miami resident Desiline Victor, who waited in line for three hours to vote on Election Day.
Others touched by the country’s tragic mass shootings also will be in attendance. Reps. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.), Elizabeth Esty (D-Conn.), and Gloria Negrete-McLeod (D-Calif.) will bring individuals from Newtown, while Reps. Diana DeGette (D-Colo.) and Ed Perlmutter (D-Colo.) will have relatives of a victim of the Aurora movie theater shooting.
The mother of Chicago shooting victim Hadiya Pendleton — the young woman who performed with her school band at Obama’s inauguration — will be Rep. Brad Schneider’s (D-Ill.) guest.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here