*Did you recognize him in last night’s return of “The Walking Dead?”
NFL star Hines Ward made a guest appearance on the AMC series as one of the zombies – sans eyebrows and with bloody gashes and scars covering his face.
“A former Georgia teammate of mine is one of the stars of the show, and my agent thought it would be something fun and different for me to do,” Ward told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, of guest starring on the show where his friend, IronE Singleton played fan favorite T-Dog. “It was an amazing experience. Just being in makeup preparing me for my role was cool. I actually scared myself when I looked in the mirror for the first time after.”
The former “Dancing with the Stars” champ, 36, played one of the zombies that attacked Rick’s group as they were fleeing Woodbury after rescuing Daryl in Sunday’s episode, titled “The Suicide King.”
Sunday night’s midseason return killed in the ratings, delivering 12.3 million viewers and a 6.1 adults 18-49 rating — its biggest yet in both measurements.
And that was against The Grammys.
EW.com broke down the record ratings:
To give you an idea of how stunning this performance is, ABC’s “Once Upon a Time” sank to a series low 2.2 in the adult demo last night and Fox’s “Family Guy” went down to a 2.4 — and those are the broadcast shows that performed the best against the music awards show.
Put another way: Last Thursday’s “American Idol” had 13.3 million viewers and a 4.1 rating and Wednesday’s edition had 14.3 million and a 4.6 rating. So in the all-important adult demo — if not total viewers — “The Walking Dead” beat last week’s “American Idol” telecasts. In fact, “The Walking Dead‘s” average for its current third season in the demo is higher than top broadcast shows like “Modern Family,” “The Big Bang Theory” and “NCIS.” And among cable, there’s no comparison — last night’s episode was the biggest adult demo number ever for a basic cable series.
Oh, and if you include “The Walking Dead‘s” encore telecast, the show’s viewership rises to 16.6 million for the night.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 2016 BET Awards See Spike in Viewership
- 4 Upgrades to Catch the Eye of Luxury Homebuyers
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Dogs Bark, Sharks Attack, And Alligators Eat People
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits 2016 Pt.2
- THE (06-28-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here