*As Kim Kardashian continues her efforts to speed along a divorce from husband Kris Humphries, the athlete remains content to take his own sweet time.
In response to Kim’s request to set an immediate trial date to get the split finalized, the NBA player’s lawyer, Marshall Waller, has filed a motion claiming Kim is trying to gain an unfair advantage by trying to speed things along despite various delays in the discovery process, reports E! News.
“What are they hiding?” Waller states in the documents. “What is there in the raw footage of this televised courtship, 72-day marriage and resultant breakup that they are so afraid of us discovering?”
He adds, “What is really going on here is that an ‘urgency’ in the form of an apparently unplanned pregnancy, something the Respondent had nothing to do with, is perceived by Plaintiff as an opportunity to gain a litigation advantage by trying to force this court to prematurely set this matter for trial.”
Kim, who is expecting a baby this summer with Kanye West, filed for divorce from Kris on Oct. 31, 2011.
Kris says he has the right to be present when Kim is deposed, but his game schedule won’t make him available until mid-May or June.
Humphries’ attorney writes in his filing that he would be ready for trial with discovery completed by the end of 2012 “IF (and only if) everybody was cooperative.”
A hearing is set for Feb. 15.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Cute as Heck: 10-Year Old Gets to 'Play Bass' With Paul McCartney (Watch)
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here