*As Kim Kardashian continues her efforts to speed along a divorce from husband Kris Humphries, the athlete remains content to take his own sweet time.
In response to Kim’s request to set an immediate trial date to get the split finalized, the NBA player’s lawyer, Marshall Waller, has filed a motion claiming Kim is trying to gain an unfair advantage by trying to speed things along despite various delays in the discovery process, reports E! News.
“What are they hiding?” Waller states in the documents. “What is there in the raw footage of this televised courtship, 72-day marriage and resultant breakup that they are so afraid of us discovering?”
He adds, “What is really going on here is that an ‘urgency’ in the form of an apparently unplanned pregnancy, something the Respondent had nothing to do with, is perceived by Plaintiff as an opportunity to gain a litigation advantage by trying to force this court to prematurely set this matter for trial.”
Kim, who is expecting a baby this summer with Kanye West, filed for divorce from Kris on Oct. 31, 2011.
Kris says he has the right to be present when Kim is deposed, but his game schedule won’t make him available until mid-May or June.
Humphries’ attorney writes in his filing that he would be ready for trial with discovery completed by the end of 2012 “IF (and only if) everybody was cooperative.”
A hearing is set for Feb. 15.
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here