*As Kim Kardashian continues her efforts to speed along a divorce from husband Kris Humphries, the athlete remains content to take his own sweet time.
In response to Kim’s request to set an immediate trial date to get the split finalized, the NBA player’s lawyer, Marshall Waller, has filed a motion claiming Kim is trying to gain an unfair advantage by trying to speed things along despite various delays in the discovery process, reports E! News.
“What are they hiding?” Waller states in the documents. “What is there in the raw footage of this televised courtship, 72-day marriage and resultant breakup that they are so afraid of us discovering?”
He adds, “What is really going on here is that an ‘urgency’ in the form of an apparently unplanned pregnancy, something the Respondent had nothing to do with, is perceived by Plaintiff as an opportunity to gain a litigation advantage by trying to force this court to prematurely set this matter for trial.”
Kim, who is expecting a baby this summer with Kanye West, filed for divorce from Kris on Oct. 31, 2011.
Kris says he has the right to be present when Kim is deposed, but his game schedule won’t make him available until mid-May or June.
Humphries’ attorney writes in his filing that he would be ready for trial with discovery completed by the end of 2012 “IF (and only if) everybody was cooperative.”
A hearing is set for Feb. 15.
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Lester Holt Tops Ratings in 1st Week as Official ‘Nightly News’ Anchor
- First Look: Chiwetel Ejiofor, Julia Roberts in ‘Secret in Their Eyes’ (Trailer)
- Halle Berry on Leaving Modeling for Acting: ‘It Took Me Years to Build Respect’
- Victoria Rowell Wants Back on ‘The Young and the Restless’?
- Are We Bananas or is This Dude One Handsome Gorilla?
- Essence Expands Digital Programming with 'Live from the Essence Festival'
- Cops Called to Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Over Family Fights
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here