The Oscar nominated 9 year old certainly has a whole lot of shine to her and can act her socks off. A self-proclaimed triple threat, the little girl is the perfect choice for the revamped musical.
In a statement, Hannah Minghella, president of production for the Overbrook Entertainment, said, “With the recent Academy Award nomination and critical acclaim, Quvenzhané Wallis is a true star and we believe her portrayal as Annie will make her a true worldwide star.”
The lead role was originally created for Will and Jada Pinkett Smith’s daughter, Willow. However, she’s grown out of it and had to relinquish the task to someone else more fitting.
The film is due out in 2014.
Meanwhile, Miss Wallis will also be seen in the upcoming “Twelve Years a Slave” directed by Steve McQueen and starring Chiwetel Ejiofor, Brad Pitt and Michael Fassbender. The film, due this year, is based on the true 1800s story of a free New York man being sold into slavery; Wallis plays Ejiofor‘s young daughter.
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- #BlackLivesMatter Critic Peggy Hubbard Tells Activists to 'Bite Me'
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Ohio Cop Pulls Man Over for 'Making Direct Eye Contact' (Watch)
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here