The Oscar nominated 9 year old certainly has a whole lot of shine to her and can act her socks off. A self-proclaimed triple threat, the little girl is the perfect choice for the revamped musical.
In a statement, Hannah Minghella, president of production for the Overbrook Entertainment, said, “With the recent Academy Award nomination and critical acclaim, Quvenzhané Wallis is a true star and we believe her portrayal as Annie will make her a true worldwide star.”
The lead role was originally created for Will and Jada Pinkett Smith’s daughter, Willow. However, she’s grown out of it and had to relinquish the task to someone else more fitting.
The film is due out in 2014.
Meanwhile, Miss Wallis will also be seen in the upcoming “Twelve Years a Slave” directed by Steve McQueen and starring Chiwetel Ejiofor, Brad Pitt and Michael Fassbender. The film, due this year, is based on the true 1800s story of a free New York man being sold into slavery; Wallis plays Ejiofor‘s young daughter.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (07-01-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Nia Long on ‘Boyz n the Hood’ 25th Anniversary & Becoming an Oscar Voter (WATCH)
- Birdman: 'I Got A Million Dollars Under My Mattress'
- #DeyaDoesEssence! Meet Me in the Big Easy!
- Stacey Dash Filed for Bankruptcy in 2004, Had $7 in Bank Before Fiance’s Handouts
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Wives 'Having 2 Much Fun on Vacay' (Watch)
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here