The Oscar nominated 9 year old certainly has a whole lot of shine to her and can act her socks off. A self-proclaimed triple threat, the little girl is the perfect choice for the revamped musical.
In a statement, Hannah Minghella, president of production for the Overbrook Entertainment, said, “With the recent Academy Award nomination and critical acclaim, Quvenzhané Wallis is a true star and we believe her portrayal as Annie will make her a true worldwide star.”
The lead role was originally created for Will and Jada Pinkett Smith’s daughter, Willow. However, she’s grown out of it and had to relinquish the task to someone else more fitting.
The film is due out in 2014.
Meanwhile, Miss Wallis will also be seen in the upcoming “Twelve Years a Slave” directed by Steve McQueen and starring Chiwetel Ejiofor, Brad Pitt and Michael Fassbender. The film, due this year, is based on the true 1800s story of a free New York man being sold into slavery; Wallis plays Ejiofor‘s young daughter.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Remodeling Your Home: The Risks You Need to Know
- THE (05-02-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- OMG! Did Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, Really Respond to My Friendly 'Hello?'
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here