The Oscar nominated 9 year old certainly has a whole lot of shine to her and can act her socks off. A self-proclaimed triple threat, the little girl is the perfect choice for the revamped musical.
In a statement, Hannah Minghella, president of production for the Overbrook Entertainment, said, “With the recent Academy Award nomination and critical acclaim, Quvenzhané Wallis is a true star and we believe her portrayal as Annie will make her a true worldwide star.”
The lead role was originally created for Will and Jada Pinkett Smith’s daughter, Willow. However, she’s grown out of it and had to relinquish the task to someone else more fitting.
The film is due out in 2014.
Meanwhile, Miss Wallis will also be seen in the upcoming “Twelve Years a Slave” directed by Steve McQueen and starring Chiwetel Ejiofor, Brad Pitt and Michael Fassbender. The film, due this year, is based on the true 1800s story of a free New York man being sold into slavery; Wallis plays Ejiofor‘s young daughter.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Video of Chicago Police Officer Shooting Laquan McDonald Released (WATCH)
- (Video) WATCH: New 'Zootopia' Trailer
- Patti LaBelle Wants to Work with Fetty Wap, Talks Pie Success [WATCH]
- ‘Empire’: Alicia Keys Storyline to Explore Biracial Issues (Watch)
- Erased Burger King Footage in Laquan McDonald Shooting Tested for ‘Tampering’
- Videos Show Armed White Men Threatening #BlackLivesMatter Minneapolis Activists (Watch)
- Arthur Ashe Items From Private Collector Headed to Auction
- Serena Williams Devastated Over Death of Dog Jackie (Video)
- Patti LaBelle Invites James Wright Chanel to Thanksgiving Dinner; Admits Video Increased Sales
- Report: Tyga Hooked Up With Same Porn Star as Charlie Sheen; Jenners in 'Meltdown Mode'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here