*Singer Jennifer Hudson and rapper will.i.am are calling on fans to mark the two-month anniversary of the tragic Connecticut elementary school massacre on Thursday by sending the Newtown, CT community a special Valentine’s Day card.
In December, a gunman opened fire at Sandy Hook Elementary School killing 20 kids and six adults. As locals continue to recover, Hudson and the Black Eyed Peas frontman are sending a virtual Valentine from a series of designs online.
A post on both stars’ Twitter pages reads: “I’m sending a valentine to #Newtown with #1MillionHearts for @SandyHook… Join me.”
The campaign has been organized by officials at Sandy Hook Promise, a non-profit organization set up in the aftermath of the tragedy to provide support to Newtown residents.
Hudson recently honored the victims of the Newtown incident by teaming up with the Sandy Hook Elementary School Choir to perform America the Beautiful at the Super Bowl.
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Russell Wilson, Ciara Practicing Abstinence: ‘I Need You to Pray for Us’ (Watch)
- Michael K. Williams Joins ‘Ghostbusters’ All-Female Remake
- Tami Roman Says Shaunie O’Neal Will ‘Pop Off’ on ‘BBWLA’ This Season (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here