*Singer Jennifer Hudson and rapper will.i.am are calling on fans to mark the two-month anniversary of the tragic Connecticut elementary school massacre on Thursday by sending the Newtown, CT community a special Valentine’s Day card.
In December, a gunman opened fire at Sandy Hook Elementary School killing 20 kids and six adults. As locals continue to recover, Hudson and the Black Eyed Peas frontman are sending a virtual Valentine from a series of designs online.
A post on both stars’ Twitter pages reads: “I’m sending a valentine to #Newtown with #1MillionHearts for @SandyHook… Join me.”
The campaign has been organized by officials at Sandy Hook Promise, a non-profit organization set up in the aftermath of the tragedy to provide support to Newtown residents.
Hudson recently honored the victims of the Newtown incident by teaming up with the Sandy Hook Elementary School Choir to perform America the Beautiful at the Super Bowl.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Marshawn Lynch Retires Without Having Spent His $50M NFL Income
- Nuisance Abatement Law Seemingly Gives NYPD License to Evict Criminal and Non-Criminal Residents
- Toyota Motor Credit to Pay $21.9 Million for Discrimination
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here