*Singer Jennifer Hudson and rapper will.i.am are calling on fans to mark the two-month anniversary of the tragic Connecticut elementary school massacre on Thursday by sending the Newtown, CT community a special Valentine’s Day card.
In December, a gunman opened fire at Sandy Hook Elementary School killing 20 kids and six adults. As locals continue to recover, Hudson and the Black Eyed Peas frontman are sending a virtual Valentine from a series of designs online.
A post on both stars’ Twitter pages reads: “I’m sending a valentine to #Newtown with #1MillionHearts for @SandyHook… Join me.”
The campaign has been organized by officials at Sandy Hook Promise, a non-profit organization set up in the aftermath of the tragedy to provide support to Newtown residents.
Hudson recently honored the victims of the Newtown incident by teaming up with the Sandy Hook Elementary School Choir to perform America the Beautiful at the Super Bowl.
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here