*Someone was about to pull a Kanye on Adele during her acceptance speech at the Grammys on Sunday, but the whole operation ran into a brick wall named Jennifer Lopez.
J.Lo was the presenter of Adele’s Grammy win for Best Solo Pop performance. Just before the Valentino-clad British sensation began her acceptance speech at the Staples center, Ukrainian TV personality and notorious prankster Vitalii Seduik (the guy who made headlines last spring by kissing Will Smith) rushed onto the stage to steal her thunder.
“It’s such an honor to receive this award,” Seduik can be heard saying as Adele climbed the stairs, according to The Hollywood Reporter. “I love you, Adele.”
Lopez then shot Seduik a dirty look and shooed him away with a flick of her thumb. Lopez’s co-presenter, Pitbull, offered Adele a kiss as Seduik exited the stage. [Scroll down to watch.]
Adele, 24, didn’t appear to be at all bothered by her near-encounter with Seduik.
“You’re like my good luck charm,” she told Lopez. Addressing the audience, the “Set Fire to the Rain” singer added, “Thank you so much. This is amazing. I just wanted to come and be part of the night because I loved it last year, obviously,” Adele said in her acceptance speech. “Thank you. I just want to send big love to all the other girls and all us females doing this because we work so hard and we make it look so easy.”
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Seduik did not have a ticket or credentials to the star-studded event. He walked past security guards and strolled down the red carpet before entering the Staples Center alongside a Gucci-clad Katy Perry. He then took a seat in the second row, directly behind Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel.
Seduik’s seat actually belonged to Maroon 5’s Adam Levine, a latecomer who took a seat on the floor after he discovered his seat had been filled. Sediuk spent the night in jail, according to The Hollywood Reporter, and he was released pending a court date set for March.
As previously reported, Seduik’s lip plant on Will Smith took place in May at the Moscow premiere of “Men in Black 3.” The actor responded by shoving and slap-checking him in the face. “He’s lucky I didn’t sucker-punch him,” Smith told onlookers.
Watch J.Lo shoo away Seduik below.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here