*Someone was about to pull a Kanye on Adele during her acceptance speech at the Grammys on Sunday, but the whole operation ran into a brick wall named Jennifer Lopez.
J.Lo was the presenter of Adele’s Grammy win for Best Solo Pop performance. Just before the Valentino-clad British sensation began her acceptance speech at the Staples center, Ukrainian TV personality and notorious prankster Vitalii Seduik (the guy who made headlines last spring by kissing Will Smith) rushed onto the stage to steal her thunder.
“It’s such an honor to receive this award,” Seduik can be heard saying as Adele climbed the stairs, according to The Hollywood Reporter. “I love you, Adele.”
Lopez then shot Seduik a dirty look and shooed him away with a flick of her thumb. Lopez’s co-presenter, Pitbull, offered Adele a kiss as Seduik exited the stage. [Scroll down to watch.]
Adele, 24, didn’t appear to be at all bothered by her near-encounter with Seduik.
“You’re like my good luck charm,” she told Lopez. Addressing the audience, the “Set Fire to the Rain” singer added, “Thank you so much. This is amazing. I just wanted to come and be part of the night because I loved it last year, obviously,” Adele said in her acceptance speech. “Thank you. I just want to send big love to all the other girls and all us females doing this because we work so hard and we make it look so easy.”
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Seduik did not have a ticket or credentials to the star-studded event. He walked past security guards and strolled down the red carpet before entering the Staples Center alongside a Gucci-clad Katy Perry. He then took a seat in the second row, directly behind Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel.
Seduik’s seat actually belonged to Maroon 5’s Adam Levine, a latecomer who took a seat on the floor after he discovered his seat had been filled. Sediuk spent the night in jail, according to The Hollywood Reporter, and he was released pending a court date set for March.
As previously reported, Seduik’s lip plant on Will Smith took place in May at the Moscow premiere of “Men in Black 3.” The actor responded by shoving and slap-checking him in the face. “He’s lucky I didn’t sucker-punch him,” Smith told onlookers.
Watch J.Lo shoo away Seduik below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here