The South Carolina Supreme Court has been going back and forth with the estate and family about who gets what. A 2009 settlement was to give nearly half to a charitable trust, a quarter to his
widow, Tomi Rae Hynie, and the rest to be split among his adult children; but this was recently overturned on account of others who believe the deal was not in favor of the late singer’s requests.
From the beginning, the arrangements had been unclear and controversial. The estate’s worth alone had been a point of confusion, where it was estimated to be valued at $5 million to more than $100 million.
Along with the family’s division on how to divvy up the money and honor Brown’s will, the estate’s fate has been on hold for years. To make matters worse, debate about what to do with his body also became an issue among family members, who for more than two months left his body in a gold casket inside a cold storage until he was finally buried in Beech Island, S.C., at the home of one of his daughters.
Though still somewhat confusing, it seems a ruling has been made to adhere more closely the Brown’s original wishes. A staunch advocate for education, it appears the bulk of his fortune will go to educating needy children.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here