*Janet Jackson and her billionaire boyfriend Wissam Al Mana have confirmed that they secretly got married last year in a private ceremony, reports Entertainment Tonight.
“The rumors regarding an extravagant wedding are simply not true. Last year we were married in a quiet, private, and beautiful ceremony,” the couple said in a joint statement to “ET.” “Our wedding gifts to one another were contributions to our respective favorite children’s charities. We would appreciate that our privacy is respected and that we are allowed this time for celebration and joy.”
The couple decided to share the details of their hush-hush nuptials to clear up rumors Jackson was planning a huge wedding.
Us Weekly was the first to report rumors that Al Mana put a ring on it back in December. At the time, the magazine reported Jackson’s wedding was going to be an elaborate spring affair costing “millions.”
Speculation that Jackson and Al Mana were engaged and that she was going to convert to Islam for him exploded in the Middle Eastern press in October, according to the New York Daily News.
This is the third marriage for Jackson. She was previously hitched to singer James DeBarge and music video director Rene Elizondo. She also dated producer/rapper Jermaine Dupri from 2002 to 2009.
- Neighbors Complain Kardashians Wasting Water During Drought
- Will Packer Marries Longtime Love in Surprise Atlanta Wedding
- Phoenix Mother Allegedly Drowns Twin Boys Because 'No One Loved Them'
- How ABC Wooed Tyra Banks Back Into Daytime with 'FABLife'
- Amber Rose, Blac Chyna Twerk in Uber En Route to VMAs (Watch)
- Trick Daddy Files for Bankruptcy Amid Child Support Bills
- MTV Wants Kanye West to Host 2016 Video Music Awards (Report)
- Iowa Poll: Ben Carson Suddenly In a Tie With Donald Trump
- DC’s NFL Team: RG3 Demoted; DeSean Jackson Pisses Off Women
- Hulk Hogan Says He Was Suicidal Over N-Word Scandal: ‘I'm Not A Racist’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here