*Janet Jackson and her billionaire boyfriend Wissam Al Mana have confirmed that they secretly got married last year in a private ceremony, reports Entertainment Tonight.
“The rumors regarding an extravagant wedding are simply not true. Last year we were married in a quiet, private, and beautiful ceremony,” the couple said in a joint statement to “ET.” “Our wedding gifts to one another were contributions to our respective favorite children’s charities. We would appreciate that our privacy is respected and that we are allowed this time for celebration and joy.”
The couple decided to share the details of their hush-hush nuptials to clear up rumors Jackson was planning a huge wedding.
Us Weekly was the first to report rumors that Al Mana put a ring on it back in December. At the time, the magazine reported Jackson’s wedding was going to be an elaborate spring affair costing “millions.”
Speculation that Jackson and Al Mana were engaged and that she was going to convert to Islam for him exploded in the Middle Eastern press in October, according to the New York Daily News.
This is the third marriage for Jackson. She was previously hitched to singer James DeBarge and music video director Rene Elizondo. She also dated producer/rapper Jermaine Dupri from 2002 to 2009.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Minor League Baseball Team to Honor Prince in Special 'Purple Game, Purple Game'
- Taraji P. Henson Among Honorees at Women in Film’s Crystal + Lucy Awards
- Dwayne Johnson to Play Action Hero Lead in ‘Doc Savage’
- Pres. Obama Edited to Sing Rihanna’s ‘Work’ (Watch)
- Rapper Troy Ave Pleads Not Guilty in T.I. Concert Shooting
- Jack Hanna Agrees '1,000 Percent' with Killing of Gorilla Harambe (Watch)
- Prince Sets Billboard 200 Record More Than a Month After Death
- Damon Dash’s Son "Boogie" Arrested for DUI
- The Socialist's Journal/ The Prodigy: Esther Okade Taking College Courses at 11?!
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): PRINCE IN CINEMA - Remembered by the AAFCA
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here