*TMZ is reporting that Kim Kardashian and her boyfriend Kanye West are at the center of a TSA investigation following a major security violation at JFK on Tuesday, although the couple is not to blame.
According to the website, Kimye took a flight from Brazil to JFK, where the plan was to catch a connecting flight to Los Angeles.
But once they landed in NY, the couple met up with an airline greeter who, according to the TSA, allowed them to bypass a key security checkpoint to get them to their next flight as quickly as possible.
After K&K were seated on the LA-bound plane, a TSA agent pulled them off the flight and made the two go through another layer of security. The plane was reportedly delayed for roughly an hour while the couple was screened by TSA agents.
The TSA is now telling TMZ that the delay wasn’t their fault, explaining, “An airline employee escorted the two travelers through a non-public area in order to provide expedited access to their domestic flight. In doing so, the airline employee violated security protocols by permitting the travelers to by-pass the TSA security checkpoint. TSA officials learned of the violation and conducted a private screening of the two passengers in the area of the jetway.”
“The passengers were cleared to board their flight, which departed after a delay of approximately 50 minutes. TSA is actively investigating the incident.”
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here