Some dude who identified himself as Mike Taughter told a Los Angeles TV station that he could confirm that a Fish and Game officer had seen Christopher Dorner, the former LAPD officer suspected of killing four people.
The prankster took advantage of a live news report during a critical time in the manhunt to make a huge, not so funny joke.
On Tuesday, police believed they had Dorner cornered in a cabin located near Big Bear in a region of Southern California mountains.
So this Mike guy called KCBS and said that Ronnie the Limo Driver, radio show host and Howard Stern’s head of security, was caught in a gunfight with Dorner and someone had been hit.
While the news anchor continued to interview the caller, he interrupted and said, on the air, “You’re a real dumb-ass!” “You still don’t know that this is a prank?”
The line went dead and the reporter scrambled to correct the error.
Later, a Philadelphia-based comedian who calls himself Captain Janks, claimed responsibility on his Twitter page.
The standoff ended Tuesday night when the cabin went up in flames. But so far, a body hasn’t been found.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- It’s ‘Very Difficult’ for Black Staffers at Fox News - Former NABJ President
- Tracy 'T-Mac' McGrady Launches Mobile HBCU Fundraising Campaign
- Wendy Williams Joins 'Salute Her' Honorees To Kick Off Circle of Sisters Weekend
- Ex-NFLer Warrick Dunn Has Now Gifted 145 Homes to Single Parents
- THE (10-09-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here