Some dude who identified himself as Mike Taughter told a Los Angeles TV station that he could confirm that a Fish and Game officer had seen Christopher Dorner, the former LAPD officer suspected of killing four people.
The prankster took advantage of a live news report during a critical time in the manhunt to make a huge, not so funny joke.
On Tuesday, police believed they had Dorner cornered in a cabin located near Big Bear in a region of Southern California mountains.
So this Mike guy called KCBS and said that Ronnie the Limo Driver, radio show host and Howard Stern’s head of security, was caught in a gunfight with Dorner and someone had been hit.
While the news anchor continued to interview the caller, he interrupted and said, on the air, “You’re a real dumb-ass!” “You still don’t know that this is a prank?”
The line went dead and the reporter scrambled to correct the error.
Later, a Philadelphia-based comedian who calls himself Captain Janks, claimed responsibility on his Twitter page.
The standoff ended Tuesday night when the cabin went up in flames. But so far, a body hasn’t been found.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Senator Oscar Braynon Presents 4th Choice Challenge
- THE (05-06-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ralph Fiennes and Tilda Swinton Are Tortured Souls in 'A Bigger Splash'
- Ashanti Produces New Film ('Mothers and Daughters') with Superstar Cast (Watch)
- Birdman on 'Respek' Trending & Confronting The Breakfast Club
- Report Says Percocet Found in Prince's System
- Rappers Arrested for Credit Card Fraud after Rapping about Crimes in Songs
- L. A. City Hall Salutes 'Prince' on Friday, May 6, (Open to Public FREE)
- Alicia Keys Drops New Single - Ellen's $10,000 Gift to Dance Crew (WATCH)
- Prince’s ‘Kiss’ Performed Randomly on Subway Just Days Before He Died (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here