Some dude who identified himself as Mike Taughter told a Los Angeles TV station that he could confirm that a Fish and Game officer had seen Christopher Dorner, the former LAPD officer suspected of killing four people.
The prankster took advantage of a live news report during a critical time in the manhunt to make a huge, not so funny joke.
On Tuesday, police believed they had Dorner cornered in a cabin located near Big Bear in a region of Southern California mountains.
So this Mike guy called KCBS and said that Ronnie the Limo Driver, radio show host and Howard Stern’s head of security, was caught in a gunfight with Dorner and someone had been hit.
While the news anchor continued to interview the caller, he interrupted and said, on the air, “You’re a real dumb-ass!” “You still don’t know that this is a prank?”
The line went dead and the reporter scrambled to correct the error.
Later, a Philadelphia-based comedian who calls himself Captain Janks, claimed responsibility on his Twitter page.
The standoff ended Tuesday night when the cabin went up in flames. But so far, a body hasn’t been found.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Spike Lee’s ESPN Mini Docs ‘Lil’ Joints’ Return on 5/31 (View Titles and Schedule)
- Lifetime to Air Uzo Aduba, Cicely Tyson Film ‘Showing Roots’ on Sat, May 26 (Trailer)
- ‘Empire’ Finishes No 1 in Black Households, Social Media and Other Key Demos
- Therez Fleetwood's 'Men and Intimacy: Real Talk... Real Answers' Reveals Answers to What Men Want
- First Look: Rihanna’s New Line of Star Trek-Inspired Dior Sunglasses
- Opinion: How Democratic Superdelegates decided the 2016 Election
- Prince’s Fam Requests Revolution Start Reunion Tour AFTER August Memorial Event
- Judge Favors Chris Brown in Baby Mama’s Attempt to Restrict Custody
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here