Some dude who identified himself as Mike Taughter told a Los Angeles TV station that he could confirm that a Fish and Game officer had seen Christopher Dorner, the former LAPD officer suspected of killing four people.
The prankster took advantage of a live news report during a critical time in the manhunt to make a huge, not so funny joke.
On Tuesday, police believed they had Dorner cornered in a cabin located near Big Bear in a region of Southern California mountains.
So this Mike guy called KCBS and said that Ronnie the Limo Driver, radio show host and Howard Stern’s head of security, was caught in a gunfight with Dorner and someone had been hit.
While the news anchor continued to interview the caller, he interrupted and said, on the air, “You’re a real dumb-ass!” “You still don’t know that this is a prank?”
The line went dead and the reporter scrambled to correct the error.
Later, a Philadelphia-based comedian who calls himself Captain Janks, claimed responsibility on his Twitter page.
The standoff ended Tuesday night when the cabin went up in flames. But so far, a body hasn’t been found.
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Deborah Cox Joins Off-Broadway Play about Transgender Identity
- Farrah Franklin (Destiny's Child) Officially Debuts with Sexy New Single: 'Magic and Makeup'
- Black Family Says They Received Racist Threats During Camping Trip
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here