Some have their doubts, but the actress is confident she can make it happen, though many of her roles have been youthful characters.
She joins Lil Mama, who will play the role of Lisa ‘Left Eye’ Lopes and Drew Sidora who will become Tionne ‘T-Boz’ Watkins for a made-for-TV film.
For Keke, it’s like a dream because she used to sing and dance to the songs of one TLC, of her favorite groups.
“I would sing ‘No Scrubs’ over and over again to the point my parents would have to tell me to stop, but I never did, I had my little hairbrush as my mic and nobody could tell me I wasn’t the fourth member of TLC.”
The film will begin shooting next month in Atlanta.
In the meantime, people have been criticizing her for not looking like the person she’s going to be playing. But in a cool, calm and collected way, she responded to some of the social media banter with:
“People kill me, I don’t remember Angela Bassett looking ANYTHING like Tina Turner. And she RIPPED that role; People need to realize hat movies aren’t casted by people looking like who they’re playing. They’re casted by who can do the role. I don’t know about you, but I would much rather see a movie that is well acted, then a movie with a bunch of look a like’s.
“Cause Ben Affleck isn’t even Hispanic, but the man he played in Argo IS. I shouldn’t play the part because my baby hair isn’t the perfect texture? Goodnight Twitter, goodnight.”
Well there you have it. An actor does not have to look like the person they are portraying. They’ve just got to be the part.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here