*Kim Kardashian wants a judge to declare her marriage to Kris Humphries over as soon as possible, so that she won’t still married to him when she gives birth to Kanye West’s baby this summer.
“I firmly believe that an immediate dissolution of our marriage will help create a new, full life for me,” she writes in court papers filed last month. “One chapter will be officially over, and a new one can begin. The same should hold true for (Humphries).”
In the L.A. Superior Court filing, Kardashian, who filed for divorce in October 2011, is requesting either a speedy trial date for the divorce action or, at the least, to have the marriage legally dissolved while other issues, including potentially finances, are battled in court.
But Humphries, who is seeking an annulment of their 72-day marriage on the basis of fraud, has countered in court documents that the fact his estranged wife has an “apparently unplanned pregnancy” by another man is no reason to expedite the litigation.
In her declaration to the court, Kardashian, 32, explains, “I am currently pregnant by a man with whom I began a relationship well after I separated from (Humphries).”
Giving a due day of early July, she says, “I do not want to be married to (Humphries) when I have my baby,” and adds, “I am requesting the status of my marriage be determined for now for not only my health and welfare but also for the health and well-being of my unborn child.”
Kardashian also says money may be at stake.
“I should not be constrained in my financial and social endeavors by the fact that (Humphries) and I have a marriage which now exists in name only,” she says. “I do not want the status of my marriage to affect any investment I wish to make, such as the purchase of a new residence.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Black Male Valedictorian, Straight A Student, Barred from Walking Grad Stage
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here