*Kim Kardashian wants a judge to declare her marriage to Kris Humphries over as soon as possible, so that she won’t still married to him when she gives birth to Kanye West’s baby this summer.
“I firmly believe that an immediate dissolution of our marriage will help create a new, full life for me,” she writes in court papers filed last month. “One chapter will be officially over, and a new one can begin. The same should hold true for (Humphries).”
In the L.A. Superior Court filing, Kardashian, who filed for divorce in October 2011, is requesting either a speedy trial date for the divorce action or, at the least, to have the marriage legally dissolved while other issues, including potentially finances, are battled in court.
But Humphries, who is seeking an annulment of their 72-day marriage on the basis of fraud, has countered in court documents that the fact his estranged wife has an “apparently unplanned pregnancy” by another man is no reason to expedite the litigation.
In her declaration to the court, Kardashian, 32, explains, “I am currently pregnant by a man with whom I began a relationship well after I separated from (Humphries).”
Giving a due day of early July, she says, “I do not want to be married to (Humphries) when I have my baby,” and adds, “I am requesting the status of my marriage be determined for now for not only my health and welfare but also for the health and well-being of my unborn child.”
Kardashian also says money may be at stake.
“I should not be constrained in my financial and social endeavors by the fact that (Humphries) and I have a marriage which now exists in name only,” she says. “I do not want the status of my marriage to affect any investment I wish to make, such as the purchase of a new residence.”
- Louisiana Man: 'I've Never Had a Racist Bone in My Body' ... But Don't Tempt Me! (Watch)
- Derrick Rose Responds to Drugging/Rape Claims From Ex-Girlfriend
- Russell Westbrook's Weekend Plans Include Wedding to Girlfriend
- Flanagan’s Family Releases Statement in Aftermath of Virginia Shooting (WATCH)
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Karen Clark Sheard is ‘Destined to Win’; New Album Debuts at #2
- A Hate Crime is a Hate Crime No Matter the Color of the Perpetrator
- EUR Tech Review: Samsung 2015: The Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Plus (VIDEO)
- The Truth About Coffee and the Diabetes Risk
- THE (08-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Usain Bolt Mowed Down by Segway (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here