*Hoffman Estates, Il. – In honor of Black History Month, Kmart will Share the Word™ of financial empowerment.
The Share the Word™ campaign was created to honor the history and legacy of African-Americans by providing valuable information and resources to enhance the lives of Kmart customers.
Now in its sixth year, Share the Word™ has teamed up with ESSENCE Magazine senior editor of personal finance and careers, Tanisha Sykes, to provide financial tips, budgeting and saving templates and a family finance e-guide, available for download at the program’s dedicated microsite, kmart.com/sharetheword.
“Financial empowerment is extremely important within the African American community,” said Sykes. “This year’s Share the Word campaign will provide the tools, information and resources to help pave the road to financial success.”
Share the Word™ will bring the message of financial empowerment to life through social platforms, including Twitter, Facebook and shopyourway.com. Throughout February, SHOP YOUR WAY Members can visit shopyourway.com/sharetheword to enter a sweepstakes for a chance to win tax preparation services provided by Jackson Hewitt1. To close out the month, Kmart will host an in-store event and Tweetup featuring Sykes on Feb. 23 in Hyattsville, Md. The event will include interactive financial discussions, special discounts for event attendees, prizes and giveaways.
“Kmart embraces diversity and inclusion throughout the year,” said Andrew Stein, interim chief marketing officer, Kmart. “We are always looking for ways to reach our audiences with programs that resonate and provide value.”
For more information about the Share the Word™ program and to download the family finance e-guide, please visit kmart.com/sharetheword.
Kmart, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD), is a mass merchandising company and part of ShopYourWay, a social shopping experience where members have the ability to earn points and receive benefits across a wide variety of physical and digital formats through ShopYourWay.com. Kmart offers customers quality products through a portfolio of exclusive brands that include Sofia by Sofia Vergara, Jaclyn Smith, Joe Boxer, Route 66 and Smart Sense. For more information visit the company’s website at www.kmart.com |Sears Holdings Corporation website at www.searsholdings.com.| Facebook: www.facebook.com/kmart
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Breaking down America's Wealth in Black and White
- Ciara Files to Sue Future for $15 Million
- New Reports Puts When and How Much Porn Americans Watch on Blast
- Rudy Giuliani Accuses Beyoncé of Attacking Police with Super Bowl Performance
- THE (02-09-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here