*Hoffman Estates, Il. – In honor of Black History Month, Kmart will Share the Word™ of financial empowerment.
The Share the Word™ campaign was created to honor the history and legacy of African-Americans by providing valuable information and resources to enhance the lives of Kmart customers.
Now in its sixth year, Share the Word™ has teamed up with ESSENCE Magazine senior editor of personal finance and careers, Tanisha Sykes, to provide financial tips, budgeting and saving templates and a family finance e-guide, available for download at the program’s dedicated microsite, kmart.com/sharetheword.
“Financial empowerment is extremely important within the African American community,” said Sykes. “This year’s Share the Word campaign will provide the tools, information and resources to help pave the road to financial success.”
Share the Word™ will bring the message of financial empowerment to life through social platforms, including Twitter, Facebook and shopyourway.com. Throughout February, SHOP YOUR WAY Members can visit shopyourway.com/sharetheword to enter a sweepstakes for a chance to win tax preparation services provided by Jackson Hewitt1. To close out the month, Kmart will host an in-store event and Tweetup featuring Sykes on Feb. 23 in Hyattsville, Md. The event will include interactive financial discussions, special discounts for event attendees, prizes and giveaways.
“Kmart embraces diversity and inclusion throughout the year,” said Andrew Stein, interim chief marketing officer, Kmart. “We are always looking for ways to reach our audiences with programs that resonate and provide value.”
For more information about the Share the Word™ program and to download the family finance e-guide, please visit kmart.com/sharetheword.
Kmart, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD), is a mass merchandising company and part of ShopYourWay, a social shopping experience where members have the ability to earn points and receive benefits across a wide variety of physical and digital formats through ShopYourWay.com. Kmart offers customers quality products through a portfolio of exclusive brands that include Sofia by Sofia Vergara, Jaclyn Smith, Joe Boxer, Route 66 and Smart Sense. For more information visit the company’s website at www.kmart.com |Sears Holdings Corporation website at www.searsholdings.com.| Facebook: www.facebook.com/kmart
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here