*LA Lakers forward Metta World Peace found himself awakened from sleep early this morning when police responded to a report of 4 armed men in condo complex, reports TMZ.
LAPD say they got a call around midnight regarding 4 guys – 3 with handguns and one with a shotgun – lurking around the MWP’s West LA home.
The report says officers called out the suspects over a loudspeaker, and eventually 2 men, Metta’s brother and cousin, heard the commotion and came out to talk to cops.
Only problem is … we’re told they didn’t have any ID, so police handcuffed both men until they could make sure they weren’t involved.
Sources say officers had to wake up Metta — who quickly vouched for his brother and cousin, and both men were released. We’re told Mr. World Peace was very “understanding and professional” … naturally.
Eventually the “armed suspects” came out and proved to cops they were residents of the complex – unrelated to Metta – who were returning home with BB guns used while recording a video.
TMZ says the 4 men got off with a warning … presumably about carrying weapons in public.
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here