*LA Lakers forward Metta World Peace found himself awakened from sleep early this morning when police responded to a report of 4 armed men in condo complex, reports TMZ.
LAPD say they got a call around midnight regarding 4 guys – 3 with handguns and one with a shotgun – lurking around the MWP’s West LA home.
The report says officers called out the suspects over a loudspeaker, and eventually 2 men, Metta’s brother and cousin, heard the commotion and came out to talk to cops.
Only problem is … we’re told they didn’t have any ID, so police handcuffed both men until they could make sure they weren’t involved.
Sources say officers had to wake up Metta — who quickly vouched for his brother and cousin, and both men were released. We’re told Mr. World Peace was very “understanding and professional” … naturally.
Eventually the “armed suspects” came out and proved to cops they were residents of the complex – unrelated to Metta – who were returning home with BB guns used while recording a video.
TMZ says the 4 men got off with a warning … presumably about carrying weapons in public.
- Hulk Hogan Wonders Why Obama Can Use N-Word and Not Him in Retweet
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Stan Sheppard: 'Why Do A&R Directors Positions Still Exist?'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: It's Time for Black Leadership to Make Sense
- Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Others Portrayed in 'A Night With Janis Joplin'
- The Socialist's Journal: Derek Luke
- Bobby Brown Speaks On Bobbi Kristina’s Death
- Nappywood’s 3rd L.A. Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo Attracts Stars
- THE (07-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- NYC Principal Commits Suicide After Found Cheating on Common Core Test, DOE Releases Statement (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here