*LA Lakers forward Metta World Peace found himself awakened from sleep early this morning when police responded to a report of 4 armed men in condo complex, reports TMZ.
LAPD say they got a call around midnight regarding 4 guys – 3 with handguns and one with a shotgun – lurking around the MWP’s West LA home.
The report says officers called out the suspects over a loudspeaker, and eventually 2 men, Metta’s brother and cousin, heard the commotion and came out to talk to cops.
Only problem is … we’re told they didn’t have any ID, so police handcuffed both men until they could make sure they weren’t involved.
Sources say officers had to wake up Metta — who quickly vouched for his brother and cousin, and both men were released. We’re told Mr. World Peace was very “understanding and professional” … naturally.
Eventually the “armed suspects” came out and proved to cops they were residents of the complex – unrelated to Metta – who were returning home with BB guns used while recording a video.
TMZ says the 4 men got off with a warning … presumably about carrying weapons in public.
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- RGIII Gets Standing Ovation at Redskins Event
- Watch ‘Melville’, the SXSW Short Michael Strahan is Developing for TV
- AcaciaTV Strives To Increase Diversity In Fitness Videos, Training
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here