*We know that LeBron James and Dwyane Wade are ballers, but who knew they were also ballerinas?!
Ok, ok … before we get accused of starting ish, let the record state they are NOT ballerinas. Although most NBA players on other teams and their fans wish they were.
But we digress. The two superstar ballers are supporters of the ballet and the arts and are starring in a new promotional campaign for the famed Miami City Ballet, reports Jose Lambiet’s Gossip Extra.
The campaign centers around the downtown institutions’ shared 25th anniversary, and draws parallels between ballet and basketball.
“What those ladies do, as far as ballet, is unique,” James said. “Their poses are poses I know I’ll never be able to get into.”
Check out the video below of the Heat’s two kings posing with City Ballet star ballerinas Jeanette and Patricia Delgado, both Miami natives.
The campaign, which is also supposed to highlight the art scene alongside Biscayne Boulevard, is reminiscent of a campaign when both the Heat and Miami City Ballet first opened their doors.
Meanwhile, the Heat’s Billy Thompson posed in uniform with a ballerina who held herself to his arm to do her stretching.
“People don’t think of dancers as athletes,” said MCB Artistic Director Lourdes Lopez. “So you have these athletes who are graceful, and dancers who are athletic.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- J.Lo's 'Shades of Blue' Scores Second Season
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here