According to The Root, the director is planning to make a post-slavery Black Western, likely because he hated “Django.”
“I was deeply hurt by the movie. I was deeply offended by the movie. The movie made me angry,” Daniels said. “[Quentin Tarantino] has no right to our word; he has no right to that n-word. None. None. And thank you, Spike Lee, for speaking up and for having the balls to speak up. Thank God Spike Lee finally spoke up. I thought I was going crazy. Nobody else said anything; it was like everybody else thought it was great. No, it’s not great for you to use ‘n*gger,’ man! Who do you think you are? I can’t talk about it because it’s very upsetting. And I’m expressing my opinion just like everybody expresses their opinion about my films one way or the other … There were great performances in the film. But I think African Americans, because we’re so hungry to see ourselves on the big screen, we’ll see anything.”
So like any reasonable person who complains about something not being right, he’s taking on his own project to right the wrong with a different version of the Black rebellion story.
“I got one in my repertoire coming; I got one coming,” he said. “Yep, I’m developing something. It’s not during slavery but right after slavery.”
Read more at theRoot.
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here