According to The Root, the director is planning to make a post-slavery Black Western, likely because he hated “Django.”
“I was deeply hurt by the movie. I was deeply offended by the movie. The movie made me angry,” Daniels said. “[Quentin Tarantino] has no right to our word; he has no right to that n-word. None. None. And thank you, Spike Lee, for speaking up and for having the balls to speak up. Thank God Spike Lee finally spoke up. I thought I was going crazy. Nobody else said anything; it was like everybody else thought it was great. No, it’s not great for you to use ‘n*gger,’ man! Who do you think you are? I can’t talk about it because it’s very upsetting. And I’m expressing my opinion just like everybody expresses their opinion about my films one way or the other … There were great performances in the film. But I think African Americans, because we’re so hungry to see ourselves on the big screen, we’ll see anything.”
So like any reasonable person who complains about something not being right, he’s taking on his own project to right the wrong with a different version of the Black rebellion story.
“I got one in my repertoire coming; I got one coming,” he said. “Yep, I’m developing something. It’s not during slavery but right after slavery.”
Read more at theRoot.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ashanti Produces New Film ('Mothers and Daughters') with Superstar Cast (Watch)
- Birdman on 'Respek' Trending & Confronting The Breakfast Club
- Report Says Percocet Found in Prince's System
- Rappers Arrested for Credit Card Fraud after Rapping about Crimes in Songs
- L. A. City Hall Salutes 'Prince' on Friday, May 6, (Open to Public FREE)
- Alicia Keys Drops New Single - Ellen's $10,000 Gift to Dance Crew (WATCH)
- Prince’s ‘Kiss’ Performed Randomly on Subway Just Days Before He Died (Watch)
- Behind the Scenes of Janet Jackson’s New Video for ‘Dammn Baby’ (Watch)
- #AirbnbWhileBlack Exposes Racism Faced by Black Renters
- ‘Dear White People’ to Become a Netflix Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here