*The deeper I grow in love, the more fascinated by it I become. I’m learning about the various facets of love in friendships, romantic relationships, familial connections, nature, human affiliations and experiences.
While we focus primarily on romantic relationships, like the characters said in the movie Love Actually, “love actually, is everywhere.” It’s in a baby’s laugh. It’s in the viewing of snowcapped trees in the forest after a fresh snow. In the accomplishment of a life long dream. In touch of someone you love. In the smell of a warm rain. It’s in the letting go of someone you love who doesn’t love you back. It’s in being kind to the cashier who’s incredibly rude to you. It’s in the snow capped mountains. And, it is most certainly in the full acceptance of ourselves, with all of our flaws, insecurities and past mistakes.
Since today is Valentine’s Day, our commercial day of the recognition of love. So keeping along that vein, I’ve included some thoughts and quotes on love.
“I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” – Marilyn Monroe
Love is accepting with it’s pure.
“A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.” – Elbert Hubbard
Love does not judge.
Love is authentic.
“It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
Love begins with friendship.
“Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all.” – Alfred Tennyson
Love is worth the risk.
“The one you love and the one who loves you are never, ever the same person.” – Chuck Palahniuk
Love can be confusing.
“Two people in love, alone, isolated from the world, that’s beautiful.” – Milan Kundera
Love needs protection.
Love is passionate.
“I would die for you. But I won’t live for you.” – Stephen Shbosky
Love is not limited.
“How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height, my soul can reach” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Love is not shallow.
“Love is an untamed force. When we try to control it, it destroys us. When we try to imprison it, it enslaves us. When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused.” – Paulo Coelho
“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” – Holy Bible: New International Version
Love is. . .
Love. I’m happy to know it, feel it and to continually experience it.
Monica Cost is a Brand Strategist for Evidently Assured & the Live Your Truth Experience (L.Y.T.E.). She is the Author of the new life changing book on living an authentic life called, “The Things I Used to do to Sneeze!: How to live an authentic life with awesome sensations” (found at www.monicacost.com) Email her at: [email protected] Follow her via Twitter: @monicacost and Facebook.com/monicahairstoncost. www.monicacost.com. Live true!
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Quvenzhane Wallis' Book Deal, J-Hud Says Son 'Saved My Life'
- Patti LaBelle, Quentin Tarantino + More on 'The Big Interview'
- 18,500 Parents, Students, and Educators Rally to Demand End to 'Tale of Two School Systems' in New York City [PHOTOS]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Universal Pictures’ Steve Jobs is a Brilliant Look into a Genius' Mind
- Raven Symone Hates Ethnic Names, Nicki Minaj Beef, Kardashian's Named 1st Family | BHL's This Week
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here