No, Uncle Luke isn’t PO’d about Weezy disrespecting civil rights icon/martyr Emmett Till. Nope, it was something more , er, important. The honor of Miami.
You see, Luke thinks Lil Wayne is an ungrateful a-hole for dissing the Miami Heat and therefore Miami itself.
If we didn’t know better, we’d put him in the Lil Wayne hater column. No, super hater column.
How do we know? He says so in his Miami New Times “Luke’s Gospel” column.
Miamians are mad as hell at rapper Lil Wayne because he said fuck the Heat, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh on Sunday at a nightclub party in Houston. Lil Wayne even claimed he had sex with Bosh’s wife. That was way out of line. However, don’t blame Weezy for talking trash.
He has no respect for the city because people in Miami’s entertainment industry — from local radio DJs to South Beach nightclub promoters to the Heat’s front office — spread their legs for him and every out-of-town celebrity who rolls through town.Lil Wayne treats Miami like his bitch because people let him.
When Weezy claimed he was thrown out of the Heat home game versus the Lakers, the franchise tried to downplay the incident, saying they only asked him to leave and he left on his own. That was a bitch move.
The Heat should have followed the Oklahoma City Thunder’s lead. Last year, Oklahoma City representatives told Lil Wayne to take a hike when he asked for courtside seats to one of the Thunder’s playoff games against the San Antonio Spurs. The Miami Heat should be giving court-side seats to the city’s true local hip-hop heroes, like Trick Daddy and Betty Wright.
Uncle Luke is just getting started. Check out the rest of what he has to say at Miami New Times.
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here