No, Uncle Luke isn’t PO’d about Weezy disrespecting civil rights icon/martyr Emmett Till. Nope, it was something more , er, important. The honor of Miami.
You see, Luke thinks Lil Wayne is an ungrateful a-hole for dissing the Miami Heat and therefore Miami itself.
If we didn’t know better, we’d put him in the Lil Wayne hater column. No, super hater column.
How do we know? He says so in his Miami New Times “Luke’s Gospel” column.
Miamians are mad as hell at rapper Lil Wayne because he said fuck the Heat, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh on Sunday at a nightclub party in Houston. Lil Wayne even claimed he had sex with Bosh’s wife. That was way out of line. However, don’t blame Weezy for talking trash.
He has no respect for the city because people in Miami’s entertainment industry — from local radio DJs to South Beach nightclub promoters to the Heat’s front office — spread their legs for him and every out-of-town celebrity who rolls through town.Lil Wayne treats Miami like his bitch because people let him.
When Weezy claimed he was thrown out of the Heat home game versus the Lakers, the franchise tried to downplay the incident, saying they only asked him to leave and he left on his own. That was a bitch move.
The Heat should have followed the Oklahoma City Thunder’s lead. Last year, Oklahoma City representatives told Lil Wayne to take a hike when he asked for courtside seats to one of the Thunder’s playoff games against the San Antonio Spurs. The Miami Heat should be giving court-side seats to the city’s true local hip-hop heroes, like Trick Daddy and Betty Wright.
Uncle Luke is just getting started. Check out the rest of what he has to say at Miami New Times.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Bill Cosby Accuser Drops Defamation Lawsuit, But Still 'In Solidarity' With Alleged Victims
- Trolls Trying to Insult Steph Curry's 3-Year-Old Daughter Mistakenly Tweet Grown Man (See His Response)
- Larenz Tate, Mike Colter Join Queen Latifah’s ‘Girl Trip’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here