*Malcolm Shabazz, activist and grandson of late leader Malcolm X, was detained by the FBI while en route to Iran, reports Press TV.
He was scheduled to attend the third Hollywoodism Conference in Tehran, sources say.
The event took place in conjunction with the 31st Fajr International Film Festival on Sunday.
Filmmakers, actors, and critics from all over the world are known for flocking to the festival. Attendees have included former U.S. Senator Mike Gravel, who condemned Hollywood for playing a role in imposing imperialistic philosophy on people of the world.
No word yet (if there ever will be) on why Shabazz was detained.
Malcolm Shabazz is also infamous because, at the age of 12, he started a fire in the home of his grandmother, Betty Shabazz, that caused her death. After pleading guilty to manslaughter and arson, he was sentenced to 18 months in a juvenile facility. After that, he found himself in and out of jail. After he was paroled in 2006 he became and Muslim activist.
Interestingly, the TV film “Betty And Coretta,” with Angela Bassett and Mary J. Blige aired this past weekend on Lifetime.
Also, February 21 will be the 48th anniversary of Malcolm X’s assassination.
- THE (09-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- RGIII Gets Standing Ovation at Redskins Event
- Watch ‘Melville’, the SXSW Short Michael Strahan is Developing for TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here