*Malcolm Shabazz, activist and grandson of late leader Malcolm X, was detained by the FBI while en route to Iran, reports Press TV.
He was scheduled to attend the third Hollywoodism Conference in Tehran, sources say.
The event took place in conjunction with the 31st Fajr International Film Festival on Sunday.
Filmmakers, actors, and critics from all over the world are known for flocking to the festival. Attendees have included former U.S. Senator Mike Gravel, who condemned Hollywood for playing a role in imposing imperialistic philosophy on people of the world.
No word yet (if there ever will be) on why Shabazz was detained.
Malcolm Shabazz is also infamous because, at the age of 12, he started a fire in the home of his grandmother, Betty Shabazz, that caused her death. After pleading guilty to manslaughter and arson, he was sentenced to 18 months in a juvenile facility. After that, he found himself in and out of jail. After he was paroled in 2006 he became and Muslim activist.
Interestingly, the TV film “Betty And Coretta,” with Angela Bassett and Mary J. Blige aired this past weekend on Lifetime.
Also, February 21 will be the 48th anniversary of Malcolm X’s assassination.
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here