*Malcolm Shabazz, activist and grandson of late leader Malcolm X, was detained by the FBI while en route to Iran, reports Press TV.
He was scheduled to attend the third Hollywoodism Conference in Tehran, sources say.
The event took place in conjunction with the 31st Fajr International Film Festival on Sunday.
Filmmakers, actors, and critics from all over the world are known for flocking to the festival. Attendees have included former U.S. Senator Mike Gravel, who condemned Hollywood for playing a role in imposing imperialistic philosophy on people of the world.
No word yet (if there ever will be) on why Shabazz was detained.
Malcolm Shabazz is also infamous because, at the age of 12, he started a fire in the home of his grandmother, Betty Shabazz, that caused her death. After pleading guilty to manslaughter and arson, he was sentenced to 18 months in a juvenile facility. After that, he found himself in and out of jail. After he was paroled in 2006 he became and Muslim activist.
Interestingly, the TV film “Betty And Coretta,” with Angela Bassett and Mary J. Blige aired this past weekend on Lifetime.
Also, February 21 will be the 48th anniversary of Malcolm X’s assassination.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Columbus Short, Vivica A. Fox, Evan Ross Set for ‘True to the Game’
- Gabrielle Union, Jimmy Fallon Spice Up High School Announcements (Watch)
- Bobby Brown Inks Deal for ‘Raw and Unvarnished’ Memoir
- Tracy Morgan Performs First Standup Gig Since Crash
- Steven Ivory: If You're Tired of Starting Over....
- Omarosa to Host the 2015 African American Vanguard Awards
- Sorry Hillary: T.I Doesn’t Want a Woman as President
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Talks Pressure Playing O.J. Simpson in ‘Crime Story’
- Will Packer Talks 'Organic Diversity' of New 'Truth Be Told' Series (EUR Exclusive)
- A ‘Much Happier’ NeNe Leakes Reflects on Leaving RHOA, Possible Return
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here