*With NBC’s “Up All Night” all but dead following the departure of star Christina Applegate, networks are reportedly salivating over her co-star Maya Rudolph.
According to Deadline.com, the “Saturday Night Live” vet has been passing on pilot offers – about five of them – and instead wants to star in her own variety show.
Multiple networks and studios are said to be interested in the idea, including 20th Century Fox, ABC and NBC, the website reports.
Rudolph, daughter of legendary R&B singer Minnie Riperton, brought a lot of variety elements to “SNL” during her seven-year stint there. Her memorable impersonations and original characters often included music performances, including her recurring gig as Beyoncé Knowles in the Prince Show sketches.
- Angela Carr Patterson/The Issues of Fatherless Daughters: The Stakes are Too High
- Andre Royo Talks Reunion with ‘Wire’ Co-Stars for Baltimore's ‘Wired Up’
- Toure Fired By MSNBC; Returns to Twitter after Yearlong Hiatus
- Happy Birthday Mr. President! Today is Barack Obama's 54th B-day
- Brandon Boykin Fires Latest Racism Claim at Eagles Coach Chip Kelly
- Steven Ivory: How to Survive a Break Up
- Donald Trump: Obama Blew it for Future Black President Hopefuls
- 50 Cent’s Bankruptcy Statement Includes 7 Cars Valued at Half Mil
- Drake Uses PowerPoint Presentation to Roast Meek Mill in Concert
- Darren Wilson Opens Up A Year After His Killing of Mike Brown
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here