*With NBC’s “Up All Night” all but dead following the departure of star Christina Applegate, networks are reportedly salivating over her co-star Maya Rudolph.
According to Deadline.com, the “Saturday Night Live” vet has been passing on pilot offers – about five of them – and instead wants to star in her own variety show.
Multiple networks and studios are said to be interested in the idea, including 20th Century Fox, ABC and NBC, the website reports.
Rudolph, daughter of legendary R&B singer Minnie Riperton, brought a lot of variety elements to “SNL” during her seven-year stint there. Her memorable impersonations and original characters often included music performances, including her recurring gig as Beyoncé Knowles in the Prince Show sketches.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Here’s why the Alleged Planned Parenthood Killer Isn’t called a Domestic Terrorist
- Pilar Sanders Will Have to Pay Deion Sanders $2.2M and Go Back to Jail
- Police Erased Video of Laquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here