*With NBC’s “Up All Night” all but dead following the departure of star Christina Applegate, networks are reportedly salivating over her co-star Maya Rudolph.
According to Deadline.com, the “Saturday Night Live” vet has been passing on pilot offers – about five of them – and instead wants to star in her own variety show.
Multiple networks and studios are said to be interested in the idea, including 20th Century Fox, ABC and NBC, the website reports.
Rudolph, daughter of legendary R&B singer Minnie Riperton, brought a lot of variety elements to “SNL” during her seven-year stint there. Her memorable impersonations and original characters often included music performances, including her recurring gig as Beyoncé Knowles in the Prince Show sketches.
- Black Confederate Flag Defender Believes Slavery was a ‘Choice’ (WATCH)
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Black Lives Matter Interview with Lucy McBath
- Congresswoman Waters Applauds U.S.-Cuba Agreement to Open Embassies
- A Camping Checklist for the Prepared Parent
- Surprise! Prince Drops New Sexy Song: 'HardRockLover' (LISTEN)
- The Drought and Fireworks!
- Jordan Flaherty Explores Racial and Economic Justice Issues in New Documentary Series
- THE (07-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- See the Highly Anticipated WGN Thriller 'Underground' at the 2015 Essence Festival with Jurnee Smollett and Show's Other Stars
- OWN's 'The Haves and the Have Nots' Set Ratings Records
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here