*With NBC’s “Up All Night” all but dead following the departure of star Christina Applegate, networks are reportedly salivating over her co-star Maya Rudolph.
According to Deadline.com, the “Saturday Night Live” vet has been passing on pilot offers – about five of them – and instead wants to star in her own variety show.
Multiple networks and studios are said to be interested in the idea, including 20th Century Fox, ABC and NBC, the website reports.
Rudolph, daughter of legendary R&B singer Minnie Riperton, brought a lot of variety elements to “SNL” during her seven-year stint there. Her memorable impersonations and original characters often included music performances, including her recurring gig as Beyoncé Knowles in the Prince Show sketches.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-11-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here