*As Valentine’s Day draws near, Bravo’s “Millionaire Matchmaker” has some advice for ladies who make long lists featuring every trait they’re looking for in a man — all of them non-negotiable.
But, should Patti Stanger be giving anybody dating advice? After all, it appears to have come up short in her own situation.
“Being single and being scrutinized for it for being an expert, it was like the cobbler with no shoes,” she told EURweb of doing the show after breaking up with her fiancé. “This season I do go online, I do use my book, which I’ve never used – “Become Your Own Matchmaker” – and I search for true love myself.”
Last season marked the first time host Stanger included her personal business on the show. As the CEO of a professional matchmaking service and star of the Bravo series about her profession, Stanger felt she had no choice but to invite cameras into her own love life after it went sideways in the summer of 2010.
A year after Stanger signed on for “Millionaire Matchmaker” in 2009, she and her fiancé Andy Friedman – whom she met through a matchmaker – broke off their engagement following a seven-year relationship. Last season, she decided to match herself on an episode and chose John Matthews, but by the reunion show, they had slipped back into the “just friends” zone.
Stanger says her on-camera search for true love this season is less stressful this time around.
“It’s getting better for me,” says Stanger. “I was nervous to do that. I wasn’t like the “Housewives” and Bethenny [Frankel] and NeNe [Leakes] and all them. I couldn’t do that right away because I have a reputation as an expert. So if you saw me fail, you wouldn’t come to my business, right? So I didn’t want to do that. But now, I feel it’s the only way. You have to show both sides of the coin.”
Below, for what it’s worth, Stanger gives advice to women who find themselves chained to their “laundry list” of things they expect in a potential husband.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Detroit Woman’s ‘Dead Body on Lawn’ Halloween Prank Draws 911 Calls
- New Radio Station: ItzYourzRadioLive.com Now Broadcasting
- You Could Break the Bank Going to 'The Happiest Place On Earth!'
- Walter Scott’s Family Gets $6.5M in Settlement With N. Charleston (Watch)
- ‘Star Wars’ Actor John Boyega to Racist Fans: ‘I’m In the Movie, What Are You Gonna Do About It?’
- Chris and Adrienne Bosh Expecting 3rd Child Together Next Spring
- Atlanta Hawks Player Thabo Sefolosha Acquitted in NYC Arrest Case
- Taraji P. Posts IG Response to Rumors of Beef with Terrence Howard (WATCH)
- EURweb on the Scene: 3rd Annual Ocktober Film Festival
- Derek Fisher Addresses Alleged Fight With Matt Barnes
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here