*As Valentine’s Day draws near, Bravo’s “Millionaire Matchmaker” has some advice for ladies who make long lists featuring every trait they’re looking for in a man — all of them non-negotiable.
But, should Patti Stanger be giving anybody dating advice? After all, it appears to have come up short in her own situation.
“Being single and being scrutinized for it for being an expert, it was like the cobbler with no shoes,” she told EURweb of doing the show after breaking up with her fiancé. “This season I do go online, I do use my book, which I’ve never used – “Become Your Own Matchmaker” – and I search for true love myself.”
Last season marked the first time host Stanger included her personal business on the show. As the CEO of a professional matchmaking service and star of the Bravo series about her profession, Stanger felt she had no choice but to invite cameras into her own love life after it went sideways in the summer of 2010.
A year after Stanger signed on for “Millionaire Matchmaker” in 2009, she and her fiancé Andy Friedman – whom she met through a matchmaker – broke off their engagement following a seven-year relationship. Last season, she decided to match herself on an episode and chose John Matthews, but by the reunion show, they had slipped back into the “just friends” zone.
Stanger says her on-camera search for true love this season is less stressful this time around.
“It’s getting better for me,” says Stanger. “I was nervous to do that. I wasn’t like the “Housewives” and Bethenny [Frankel] and NeNe [Leakes] and all them. I couldn’t do that right away because I have a reputation as an expert. So if you saw me fail, you wouldn’t come to my business, right? So I didn’t want to do that. But now, I feel it’s the only way. You have to show both sides of the coin.”
Below, for what it’s worth, Stanger gives advice to women who find themselves chained to their “laundry list” of things they expect in a potential husband.
- Celebs You Wish You Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Aretha Franklin Sues to Block ‘Amazing Grace’ Screening at Telluride
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here