*As Valentine’s Day draws near, Bravo’s “Millionaire Matchmaker” has some advice for ladies who make long lists featuring every trait they’re looking for in a man — all of them non-negotiable.
But, should Patti Stanger be giving anybody dating advice? After all, it appears to have come up short in her own situation.
“Being single and being scrutinized for it for being an expert, it was like the cobbler with no shoes,” she told EURweb of doing the show after breaking up with her fiancé. “This season I do go online, I do use my book, which I’ve never used – “Become Your Own Matchmaker” – and I search for true love myself.”
Last season marked the first time host Stanger included her personal business on the show. As the CEO of a professional matchmaking service and star of the Bravo series about her profession, Stanger felt she had no choice but to invite cameras into her own love life after it went sideways in the summer of 2010.
A year after Stanger signed on for “Millionaire Matchmaker” in 2009, she and her fiancé Andy Friedman – whom she met through a matchmaker – broke off their engagement following a seven-year relationship. Last season, she decided to match herself on an episode and chose John Matthews, but by the reunion show, they had slipped back into the “just friends” zone.
Stanger says her on-camera search for true love this season is less stressful this time around.
“It’s getting better for me,” says Stanger. “I was nervous to do that. I wasn’t like the “Housewives” and Bethenny [Frankel] and NeNe [Leakes] and all them. I couldn’t do that right away because I have a reputation as an expert. So if you saw me fail, you wouldn’t come to my business, right? So I didn’t want to do that. But now, I feel it’s the only way. You have to show both sides of the coin.”
Below, for what it’s worth, Stanger gives advice to women who find themselves chained to their “laundry list” of things they expect in a potential husband.
- Gilbert Arenas' Deadly Accuracy Gets Him Banned From County Fair
- Khloe Kardashian Denies Cocaine Use at Kylie's Graduation Party
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Funeral to be Held This Week; Family Source Says She Will Be Buried Near Her Mother Whitney Houston
- Derek Luke Slams Instagram Trolls, Defends Interracial Marriage
- Bill Cosby Story Triggers Hacker Attack on New York Magazine Website
- Sandra Bland Co-Inmate Certain Suicide is Cause of Death
- Anthony Davis Turned Down 'DWTS' Because, 'I Can't Dance'
- Dionne Warwick Says Bobbi Kristina, 'In Much Better Hands Now’
- Celebrities React to Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here