*Washington, DC – Influential and respected music mogul, Qadree El-Amin, has filed a multi-million dollar lawsuit ($5million+) against Teodoro “Teodorin” Nguema
Obiang Mangue, son of Equatorial Guinea President Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, for fraud and breach of contract. This lawsuit comes on the heels of recent
media reports that the French government has seized several of Teodorin’s assets including 11 luxury vehicles … Rolls Royces, Ferrari’s, Bugatti Veyrons and Maserati MC 12s. And, amid reports that investigations are unfolding in other countries against Teodorin, including Spain.
In 2009, Teodorin Obiang approached El-Amin for the purpose of creating an entertainment company to develop musical acts and motion pictures. He wanted
El-Amin to use his skills, expertise and relationships in the Entertainment industry to accomplish this goal.
After entering into an Agreement, El-Amin successfully solicited and negotiated lucrative business deals for the company, recruited and signed artists, and also negotiated licensing and distribution deals.
In addition, El-Amin recruited his longtime friend, the late Mark Kamin, who is credited with discovering Madonna in 1982, to remix the classic, “A Summer Place,” which was successfully cleared for the project and recorded by Pussy Cat Doll, Ashley Roberts, whom El-Amin also recruited for the project. (Kamin introduced Madonna to Seymore Stein of Sire Records, who immediately signed her).
In what seems to be a pattern of behavior, Teodorin Obiang refused to compensate El-Amin, Kamin or the artists. In addition, El-Amin states that Teodorin failed to provide funds for the budget or for recording, videos, marketing, promotional or distribution costs after the projects had been completed.
Says El-Amin, “After several attempts to resolve these issues, Teodorin has refused to act in good faith and has left me with no choice but to file a lawsuit against him. He took advantage of me, the artists, and all of the professionals involved, including my friend, Mark Kamin. “
El-Amin continues, “While we all operated in good faith, it appears Teodorin deliberately and willfully made commitments he knew he had absolutely no intention of fulfilling, and in the process, strung everyone along with fraudulently. Now, he has sought refuge in his country after stiffing a string of reputable professionals in the US entertainment industry. But this is America, and our Justice system does not tolerate fraud or malfeasance.”
Raymone K. Bain
The Raymone K. Bain Companies, LLC
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here