*Netflix, Inc. and Flavor Unit Entertainment, the production company owned by Queen Latifah and Shakim Compere, today announced an exclusive licensing agreement for movies in the U.S., reports Deadline.com.
In the first-look deal, Netflix will have its pick of movies that will debut on the world’s leading Internet television subscription service shortly after their theatrical release from the company that produced box office hits like “Bringing Down the House” and “Beauty Shop.”
Beginning this spring, Netflix members can exclusively enjoy Flavor Unit titles including the thriller “House of Bodies,” starring Terrence Howard and Peter Fonda and “Percentage,” starring Ving Rhames, Cam’ron and Macy Gray.
“We are delighted to work with Queen Latifah to be the exclusive destination for what are sure to be relevant, entertaining movies,” said Ted Sarandos, Chief Content Officer of Netflix. “Queen Latifah has a long track record of creating hits and Flavor Unit Entertainment is a fresh and exciting voice in the industry.”
“Shakim and I are thrilled to do business with Netflix. Netflix is such a strong brand and the perfect place to showcase our projects,” said Queen Latifah.
Among a long line of hits, Flavor Unit is most recently responsible for producing the Lifetime Original Movie “Steel Magnolias” starring Latifah, Phylicia Rashad, Jill Scott and Alfre Woodard, which became the third most-watched telecast ever on a network with 6.5 million viewers.
- THE (08-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kanye to Run for President, Revisits Taylor Swift Hijack (WATCH)
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here