*Netflix, Inc. and Flavor Unit Entertainment, the production company owned by Queen Latifah and Shakim Compere, today announced an exclusive licensing agreement for movies in the U.S., reports Deadline.com.
In the first-look deal, Netflix will have its pick of movies that will debut on the world’s leading Internet television subscription service shortly after their theatrical release from the company that produced box office hits like “Bringing Down the House” and “Beauty Shop.”
Beginning this spring, Netflix members can exclusively enjoy Flavor Unit titles including the thriller “House of Bodies,” starring Terrence Howard and Peter Fonda and “Percentage,” starring Ving Rhames, Cam’ron and Macy Gray.
“We are delighted to work with Queen Latifah to be the exclusive destination for what are sure to be relevant, entertaining movies,” said Ted Sarandos, Chief Content Officer of Netflix. “Queen Latifah has a long track record of creating hits and Flavor Unit Entertainment is a fresh and exciting voice in the industry.”
“Shakim and I are thrilled to do business with Netflix. Netflix is such a strong brand and the perfect place to showcase our projects,” said Queen Latifah.
Among a long line of hits, Flavor Unit is most recently responsible for producing the Lifetime Original Movie “Steel Magnolias” starring Latifah, Phylicia Rashad, Jill Scott and Alfre Woodard, which became the third most-watched telecast ever on a network with 6.5 million viewers.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Derek Fisher, Ex-Wife Agree to Destroy Their Frozen Embryos in Divorce Settlement
- Starz Programming Shift Moves ‘Power’, 'Survivor's Remorse' to Sunday Nights
- Tyler Perry on Singing ‘Play That Funky Music’ With Prince (Watch)
- Jay Z Responds to ‘Lemonade’, Shouts Out Prince On ‘All The Way Up’ Remix
- Dog Hours Away from Euthanasia, Saved By Student Vet's Discovery
- Great Beginnings Hosts: 'It Takes a Village' to Celebrate Healthy Babies, Friday May 27
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here