*One of R&B’s greatest singers is being remembered in a new theatrical drama, “My Brother Marvin,” based on the book by the same name.
It’s the untold story of Marvin Gaye’s relationship with his family, as told by sister Zeola “Sweetsie” Gaye.
“Through the years, I became taken aback and disappointed with everything that had been written, said and published about my family, especially my brother Marvin that wasn’t accurate,” Zeola Gaye said in a press release.
“In the play, I simply wanted to set the record straight. I wanted to leave a true account about Marvin the man and our family. People need to know what really happened and Marvin would want his fans to really know what happened. We are finally bringing the truth the world needs and must know.”
The cast will include Clifton Powell, who will direct and play the role of Marvin’s father, and Tony Grant as Marvin during his younger years. Keith Washington will play the role of the singer as an adult and Lynn Whitfield will be his mother.
The “My Brother Marvin” multi-city tour is already under way in Detroit and wraps up in Houston in May. Look for more cities to be announced in the coming weeks
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Tons of Laughs with Vacation; Stars Ed Helms and Christina Applegate as the Griswolds
- James Arawole Launches Crowdfunding Campaign for Young Adult Novel on Struggles of Black Teens Living with Type-1 Diabetes
- With Iran Deal in Trouble, White House Reaching Out to Liberals for Support
- Atlanta Group MAKO Girls' Prep for Summer Promo Tour
- THE (07-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here