*One of R&B’s greatest singers is being remembered in a new theatrical drama, “My Brother Marvin,” based on the book by the same name.
It’s the untold story of Marvin Gaye’s relationship with his family, as told by sister Zeola “Sweetsie” Gaye.
“Through the years, I became taken aback and disappointed with everything that had been written, said and published about my family, especially my brother Marvin that wasn’t accurate,” Zeola Gaye said in a press release.
“In the play, I simply wanted to set the record straight. I wanted to leave a true account about Marvin the man and our family. People need to know what really happened and Marvin would want his fans to really know what happened. We are finally bringing the truth the world needs and must know.”
The cast will include Clifton Powell, who will direct and play the role of Marvin’s father, and Tony Grant as Marvin during his younger years. Keith Washington will play the role of the singer as an adult and Lynn Whitfield will be his mother.
The “My Brother Marvin” multi-city tour is already under way in Detroit and wraps up in Houston in May. Look for more cities to be announced in the coming weeks
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'The Martian': 'Love Letter to Science' -- Matt Damon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here