*One of R&B’s greatest singers is being remembered in a new theatrical drama, “My Brother Marvin,” based on the book by the same name.
It’s the untold story of Marvin Gaye’s relationship with his family, as told by sister Zeola “Sweetsie” Gaye.
“Through the years, I became taken aback and disappointed with everything that had been written, said and published about my family, especially my brother Marvin that wasn’t accurate,” Zeola Gaye said in a press release.
“In the play, I simply wanted to set the record straight. I wanted to leave a true account about Marvin the man and our family. People need to know what really happened and Marvin would want his fans to really know what happened. We are finally bringing the truth the world needs and must know.”
The cast will include Clifton Powell, who will direct and play the role of Marvin’s father, and Tony Grant as Marvin during his younger years. Keith Washington will play the role of the singer as an adult and Lynn Whitfield will be his mother.
The “My Brother Marvin” multi-city tour is already under way in Detroit and wraps up in Houston in May. Look for more cities to be announced in the coming weeks
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney (Jackie Lacey) Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Marisa Tomei Joins 'Empire' as Recurring Character
- Prince Yanks His Music From Every Streaming Service Except Tidal
- Bobbi Kristina: Grave Being Prepared; Alleged Former Drug Dealer Dies of Overdose
- Chris Brown Files Paternity Papers to Thwart Baby Mama's Support Demands
- Rihanna Drops 'BBHMM' Video; Kidnaps Fans for Tidal Launch (Watch)
- Economy Adds 223K Jobs; Black Unemployment Down Slightly
- Don Lemon to Donald Trump: 'Did You Have to Say They Were Rapists?' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here