*After a flurry of jokes suggesting Beyonce caused the lights to go out at the Super Bowl, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell actually felt the need to state officially that her halftime show was not the cause.
“There’s no indication at all that this was caused by the halftime show. Absolutely not. I know that’s been out there that this halftime show had something to do with it. That is not the case,” Goodell said.
Beyonce was the halftime performer at Sunday night’s game and used plenty of power to light up the stage. Some had joked that her performance was to blame for the outage that darkened the Superdome for half an hour during Sunday’s broadcast.
But the halftime show was running on its own generator, said Goodell and Doug Thornton, a vice president of SMG, the company that manages the Superdome.
“It was not on our power grid at all,” Thornton said, adding that the metered power consumption went down during halftime because the house lights were down.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- #DeyaDoesEssence! Meet Me in the Big Easy!
- Stacey Dash Filed for Bankruptcy in 2004, Had $7 in Bank Before Fiance’s Handouts
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Wives 'Having 2 Much Fun on Vacay' (Watch)
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- OWN Sets Two-Night Premiere for Ava DuVernay Series ‘Queen Sugar’ (Watch Sneak Peek)
- Watch Rihanna's New 'Sledgehammer' Video inspired by 'Star Trek Beyond!'
- Stacey Dash Calls Jesse Williams a ‘Hollywood Plantation Slave’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here