*After a flurry of jokes suggesting Beyonce caused the lights to go out at the Super Bowl, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell actually felt the need to state officially that her halftime show was not the cause.
“There’s no indication at all that this was caused by the halftime show. Absolutely not. I know that’s been out there that this halftime show had something to do with it. That is not the case,” Goodell said.
Beyonce was the halftime performer at Sunday night’s game and used plenty of power to light up the stage. Some had joked that her performance was to blame for the outage that darkened the Superdome for half an hour during Sunday’s broadcast.
But the halftime show was running on its own generator, said Goodell and Doug Thornton, a vice president of SMG, the company that manages the Superdome.
“It was not on our power grid at all,” Thornton said, adding that the metered power consumption went down during halftime because the house lights were down.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here