*After a flurry of jokes suggesting Beyonce caused the lights to go out at the Super Bowl, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell actually felt the need to state officially that her halftime show was not the cause.
“There’s no indication at all that this was caused by the halftime show. Absolutely not. I know that’s been out there that this halftime show had something to do with it. That is not the case,” Goodell said.
Beyonce was the halftime performer at Sunday night’s game and used plenty of power to light up the stage. Some had joked that her performance was to blame for the outage that darkened the Superdome for half an hour during Sunday’s broadcast.
But the halftime show was running on its own generator, said Goodell and Doug Thornton, a vice president of SMG, the company that manages the Superdome.
“It was not on our power grid at all,” Thornton said, adding that the metered power consumption went down during halftime because the house lights were down.
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- #BlackLivesMatter Critic Peggy Hubbard Tells Activists to 'Bite Me'
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Ohio Cop Pulls Man Over for 'Making Direct Eye Contact' (Watch)
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here