*After a flurry of jokes suggesting Beyonce caused the lights to go out at the Super Bowl, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell actually felt the need to state officially that her halftime show was not the cause.
“There’s no indication at all that this was caused by the halftime show. Absolutely not. I know that’s been out there that this halftime show had something to do with it. That is not the case,” Goodell said.
Beyonce was the halftime performer at Sunday night’s game and used plenty of power to light up the stage. Some had joked that her performance was to blame for the outage that darkened the Superdome for half an hour during Sunday’s broadcast.
But the halftime show was running on its own generator, said Goodell and Doug Thornton, a vice president of SMG, the company that manages the Superdome.
“It was not on our power grid at all,” Thornton said, adding that the metered power consumption went down during halftime because the house lights were down.
- Sounds of Blackness Releases Incredible Anthem 'Black Lives Matter: No Justice No Peace!' (WATCH/LISTEN)
- Confederate Flags Left At Martin Luther King’s Church in Atlanta
- Freedom Day Has Come for America's Youngest Murderers (Video)
- ‘Death By Gossip With Wendy Williams’ Set for Fall Debut on ID
- Chief Keef Plans to Perform in 3 Cities Simultaneously Via Hologram
- Instagram’s ‘Hot Gay Dads’ Call it Quits
- Amber Rose Criticized for Teaching Her Baby 'Hood English' (WATCH)
- Mother of Three Killed By Ex-Boyfriend-Baby-Daddy-Gang Member
- Bill Cosby Set to Be Deposed by Sept. 30 in Judy Huth Case
- Late Golf Great Charlie Sifford's Family Stole $1 Million From Him
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here