*After a flurry of jokes suggesting Beyonce caused the lights to go out at the Super Bowl, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell actually felt the need to state officially that her halftime show was not the cause.
“There’s no indication at all that this was caused by the halftime show. Absolutely not. I know that’s been out there that this halftime show had something to do with it. That is not the case,” Goodell said.
Beyonce was the halftime performer at Sunday night’s game and used plenty of power to light up the stage. Some had joked that her performance was to blame for the outage that darkened the Superdome for half an hour during Sunday’s broadcast.
But the halftime show was running on its own generator, said Goodell and Doug Thornton, a vice president of SMG, the company that manages the Superdome.
“It was not on our power grid at all,” Thornton said, adding that the metered power consumption went down during halftime because the house lights were down.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Madonna Claps Back at BET - Tamar Dropped From Record Label?
- Parents of Alabama Teen Electrocuted in Lake Warns Others to 'Be Careful' (Video)
- Snoop Dogg Right on 'Roots' Remake for the Wrong Reasons (Video)
- ‘Roots’ Remake Draws 5.3M Viewers Against Record-Setting NBA Playoff Game
- What Mariah Carey Wore to ‘Live with Kelly’s’ Daytime Pajama Party (Watch)
- Pics Surface of Alleged Khloe Kardashian/Odell Beckham Jr. Hookup at Drake's Party
- Why Alicia Keys is Not Wearing Makeup These Days
- Chuck D, B-Real, Tom Morello Form New Band 'Prophets of Rage'
- Dez Bryant Salutes Spelling Bee Co-Champ Who Threw His ‘X’ Sign
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here