*“Our Roots” is an Illustrated educational and informative Comic art by TAYO Fatunla that documents various stages in the history of the black race featuring black achievers in the US, the UK, in Europe and in Africa.
This Black History month in the US, “Our Roots” will highlight Black people, places and things that have helped shape the world history as we know it today. This inaugural feature for EURweb highlights African History.
Nelson Mandela said “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
“Our Roots” tries to do just that. Look for a new feature each week in February.
TAYO Fatunla is an award winning Nigerian Comic Artist and illustrator and Editorial cartoonist. He is a graduate of the prestigious U.S. Art school, The Kubert School, New Jersey. He has extensively drawn cartoons and illustrations in Africa, in Europe and the US through the years and has exhibited “Our Roots” at the Studio Museum in Harlem, New York. See his work at: www.tayofatunla.com
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain to Larry King on Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here