*“Our Roots” is an Illustrated educational and informative Comic art by TAYO Fatunla that documents various stages in the history of the black race featuring black achievers in the US, the UK, in Europe and in Africa.
This Black History month in the US, “Our Roots” will highlight Black people, places and things that have helped shape the world history as we know it today. This inaugural feature for EURweb highlights African History.
Nelson Mandela said “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
“Our Roots” tries to do just that. Look for a new feature each week in February.
TAYO Fatunla is an award winning Nigerian Comic Artist and illustrator and Editorial cartoonist. He is a graduate of the prestigious U.S. Art school, The Kubert School, New Jersey. He has extensively drawn cartoons and illustrations in Africa, in Europe and the US through the years and has exhibited “Our Roots” at the Studio Museum in Harlem, New York. See his work at: www.tayofatunla.com
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Gabrielle Union to Star in ‘A Meyers Christmas’ for Universal
- Matt Barnes Still Swears He Had Something With Rihanna: ‘I’m Too Grown to Lie’
- Damien Sneed Performs During International Breast Cancer Awareness Week in Spain
- Bobby Shurmda Denied Bail, Will Stay in Jail Until Feb Trial Date
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here