So, White House released a picture of the POTUS in the act of firing one
In a recent interview with the New Republic, Mr. Obama revealed that had used a gun at the Camp David presidential retreat.
“We do skeet shooting all the time,” the president said. “Not the girls, but oftentimes guests of mine go up there.”
Well of course that got nothing “yeah, right” responses the president’s conservative critics and questions for the press secretary Jay Carney, who was asked if photos of Obama shooting a gun even existed.
“There may be, but I haven’t seen it,” the spokesman said. “When he goes to Camp David, he goes to spend time with his family and friends and relax, not to produce photographs.”
Well by golly, lo and behold, a photo (above) was released Friday shows smoke coming from the barrel as Obama holds the gun against his left shoulder. The White House caption accompanying the photo by Pete Souza, the official White House photographer, notes: “President Barack Obama shoots clay targets on the range at Camp David, Md., Saturday, Aug. 4, 2012.”
As all know, addressing gun violence is one of the key platforms in the second term of this president. In the New Republic interview, he explained that he had “profound respect for the traditions of hunting that trace back in this country for generations.” But he also noted that “the reality of guns in urban areas are very different from the reality of guns in rural areas,” where he said children often grow up hunting with their families. “You can see why you’d be pretty protective of that,” he continued. “So it’s trying to bridge those gaps that I think is going to be part of the biggest task over the next several months.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince’s ‘Kiss’ Performed Randomly on Subway Just Days Before He Died (Watch)
- Behind the Scenes of Janet Jackson’s New Video for ‘Dammn Baby’ (Watch)
- #AirbnbWhileBlack Exposes Racism Faced by Black Renters
- ‘Dear White People’ to Become a Netflix Series
- Trump Tweets Pic of Himself Eating Taco for Cinco de Mayo; Writes ‘I Love Hispanics!’
- Whoopi Goldberg Ready to Leave ‘The View’?
- 50 Cent Donates $100,000 to Autism Speaks after Mocking Teen
- Genealogical Firm Vets Man Claiming to be Prince’s Biological Son
- Watch ‘Little Miss Flint’ Run Into President Obama’s Arms (Video)
- Paul McCartney Covers ‘Let’s Go Crazy’ During Minneapolis Concert (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here