Yep, you guessed it, Quvenzhané [Kwe-VEN-zhah-nay] Wallis. The young star has captured the world with her magical spirit and could be leading the cast.
Sony Pictures told EW that a decision hasn’t been made yet, but it’s pretty much confirmed that Willow is out of the picture simply because she aged out.
“Willow was supposed to be doing Annie, we got Jay-Z to do the movie, go the studio to come in and Willow had such a difficult time on tour with ‘Whip my Hair’ and she said, ‘You know Daddy,’ I don’t think so,” Will Smith said, adding that his daughter also told him, “I have a better idea, how about I just be 12.”
Quvenzhané will be 10 years old by the time shooting begins.
Hey, wait a sec, can Quvenzhané even sing?!
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here