Yep, you guessed it, Quvenzhané [Kwe-VEN-zhah-nay] Wallis. The young star has captured the world with her magical spirit and could be leading the cast.
Sony Pictures told EW that a decision hasn’t been made yet, but it’s pretty much confirmed that Willow is out of the picture simply because she aged out.
“Willow was supposed to be doing Annie, we got Jay-Z to do the movie, go the studio to come in and Willow had such a difficult time on tour with ‘Whip my Hair’ and she said, ‘You know Daddy,’ I don’t think so,” Will Smith said, adding that his daughter also told him, “I have a better idea, how about I just be 12.”
Quvenzhané will be 10 years old by the time shooting begins.
Hey, wait a sec, can Quvenzhané even sing?!
- Terrence Howard Tweets He's Still Attached to 3rd Wife Mira Pak
- 9-Yr-Old Ferguson Girl, Killed as She Did Homework, Remembered on Sunday
- Richard Pryor Biopic Officially Adds Oprah Winfrey and Eddie Murphy
- Kobe and Shaq Squash Years Long Beef on Podcast (LISTEN)
- ‘Compton’ Three-Peats at No. 1; ‘War Room’ Captures Faith-Based Crowd With $11 Mil Debut
- THE (08-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kanye to Run for President, Revisits Taylor Swift Hijack (WATCH)
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here