A lot of folks, including civil rights activists Najee Ali (Project Islamic Hope) and Rev. KW Tulloss (NAN), are rightfully upset with the Onion.com, a so-called satire site for calling 9-year-old actress Quvenzhané Wallis the C-word.
“Everyone else seems afraid to say it, but that Quvenzhané Wallis is kind of a cunt, right? #Oscars2013” — The Onion (@TheOnion) February 25, 2013.
The tweet was sent out around 8:42pm PST Sunday evening and quickly made the rounds on the social media website. And wouldn’t you know it, an hour later, the offending message was deleted from The Onion’s feed.
As it should be, the outcry has been immediate for the totally inappropriate and cheap dig.
Actor Wendell Pierce (“Treme” and “The Wire”) called out The Onion via Twitter: “Identify the writer. Let him defend that abhorrent verbal attack of a child. You call it humor I call it horrendous.”
Meanwhile civil rights activists are calling For an immediate public apology from Will Tracy editor of the Onion for allowing the tweet from their twitter account.
“It’s shameless for Will Tracy to allow these types of vile tweets about children on the Onion’s site. Our coalition of African-Americans leaders are calling for Tracy to publicly apologize for those vile comments or there will be a boycott of their sponsors,” stated Najee Ali director of Project Islamic Hope.
African American Civil Rights
National Action Network
Paulette Gipson NAACP of Compton
Donald Bakeer Project Islamic Hope
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder wants Pres. Obama to Drink Flint Water
- Mental Health Therapist Teaches Victims to Forgive
- THE (05-04-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Now That Beyonce is Done Eating from the White Man’s Hand, She’s Finally Ready to Be A Negro (How Convenient)
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here