*Sean Hannity and Democratic congressman Keith Ellison (Minnesota) got into it on Tuesday’s “Hannity” after Ellison called the Fox News host, “the worst excuse for a journalist I’ve ever seen.”
Ellison was reacting to a music montage of President Obama that Hannity ran just before bringing him on. The clips, which showed Obama talking about the looming budget sequester, were scored to the famously apocalyptic “Carmina Burana.” Hannity said Obama was guilty of fearmongering when he talked about the potential effects of the cuts the sequester would impose.
After playing the clips, Hannity welcomed Ellison, who was in no mood to be chummy:
HANNITY: I guess that’s what we can describe as staying on message, something the Democratic Party I would argue is very good at.
ELLISON: You’re pretty good at it too.
HANNITY: Thank you.
ELLISON: Quite frankly you are the worst excuse for a journalist I’ve ever seen.
HANNITY: I can’t hear you.
ELLISON: You heard me.
HANNITY: No, say it again. I didn’t hear you.
ELLISON: What you just displayed was not journalism, it was yellow journalism. It wasn’t anything close to trying to tell the American people what’s really going on, and I mean, it’s just shocking.
Things did not get friendlier from there. Ellison also called Hannity a “shill for the Republican party,” an “immoral” man, and said he was violating “every journalistic ethic” in the book. Eventually, Hannity cut the interview short, saying it was a “waste of time” to continue.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kanye West Defends Bill Cosby; Tweets Comic is 'Innocent'
- 'Family Feud' Contestant Can't Believe She's the 'Worst Ever' (WATCH)
- Target Wins Lawsuit Filed by Rosa and Raymond Parks Institute
- 'The Music of ‘Underground': Behind-the-Scenes with John Legend on Slave Thriller
- Lamar Odom On Way to Full Recovery; Almost Living on His Own
- Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Deserve the Black Vote. Here's why ...
- #BlackLivesMatter Activist Commits Suicide on Ohio Statehouse Steps
- Jubilee Project Video Discusses a ‘World Without Black People’
- How I Helped 50,000 Blacks Think it Out, Not Shoot it Out
- THE (02-10-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here