One San Bernardino County sheriff’s deputy is dead and another is in surgery after today’s gun battle, allegedly with fugitive ex-LAPD Officer Christopher Dorner.
For more, go to LA Times or SCROLL DOWN to watch LIVE coverage via KTLA TV in Los Angeles.
According to reports, ex-LAPD cop and accused murderer Christopher Dorner has been found and is in a firefight with authorities in the San Bernardino mountains in Southern California.
Scroll down to watch live coverage via KTLA-5 TV
UPdate from CNN:
- Person believed to be renegade ex-LAPD officer Christopher J. Dorner shot and wounded two sheriff’s deputies Tuesday in Big Bear area of southern California, law enforcement source says
- Source: Suspect shot deputies as authorities responded to report of home invasion and carjacking
- Dorner, alleged to be targeting police officers for his 2008 dismissal, has been the subject of a seven-day manhunt as suspect in three killings
- We’ll have updates below as we get them; full story here.
In the meantime, here’s background info from a recent LA Times report:
Dorner was engaged in a shootout with federal authorities in the Big Bear area Tuesday, a law enforcement source told The Times.
The shooting occurred after Dorner burglarized a home, tied up a couple and stole their car, the source said.
It was not immediately clear whether Dorner was in custody.
A second source said there was an active crime scene but did not have details.
Law enforcement officials were swarming the area.
U.S. Marshal’s officials said in court papers that Dorner could have fled to Mexico. In Tijuana, Dorner was listed as one of the most wanted fugitives. But LAPD Lt. Andy Neiman said that was only one of many locations authorities were considering.
Neiman said detectives were examining video that might show Dorner purchasing scuba gear at a Sport Chalet store in Torrance days before his alleged killing spree began.
Law enforcement sources told The Times that officials have confirmed the man in the video is Dorner. He spent $5 to $10 to fill up a scuba tank, the sources said. Investigators have also reviewed store receipts.
Officers have crisscrossed California pursuing tips about Dorner’s possible whereabouts and serving warrants at homes in Las Vegas and Point Loma.
Get more info at LA Times.
Watch LIVE updates on the possible Christopher Dorner sighting:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here