*Cosmetics giant MAC has teamed with Rihanna for a multi-season collaboration that will yield four distinct makeup collections to be rolled out through 2013, reports Women’s Wear Daily.
MAC is calling Rihanna its “creative partner” and she will have a heavy hand with the 31 products in the “RiRi [Hearts] MAC” line. The first, RiRi Woo red lipstick, will be unveiled on May 4 with a pop-up shop at her concert inside Brooklyn’s Barclays Center.
The second product will debut in summer, the third in fall, and the fourth will be a special holiday line arriving in December.
WWD also notes that unlike previous MAC celebrity collaborators, Rihanna is being considered a “creative partner” with long term potential.
“When it comes to creating things, I like to get my hands in there,” she told Women’s Wear Daily. “When you think of makeup, the brand that pops into your mind — for something legit — is MAC. Whatever color you want, it’s like ‘Let’s go to MAC.’ I’ve been using MAC on tour for such a long time it was a natural fit for me. I have always loved makeup, and I always said that if I do it, I want to do it with a credible brand.”
After the announcement, Rihanna posted on Instagram a photo of the products [see above], all marked with “RiRi [Hearts] MAC” in her handwriting.
“That’s right baby, I’m a #MACgal now!” she wrote. “Get into it, package designed and products created from scratch by yours truly! Thanks to the EPIC team at #MAC for giving me the opportunity to play and share my favorite s**t with my fans and yours.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here