*Cosmetics giant MAC has teamed with Rihanna for a multi-season collaboration that will yield four distinct makeup collections to be rolled out through 2013, reports Women’s Wear Daily.
MAC is calling Rihanna its “creative partner” and she will have a heavy hand with the 31 products in the “RiRi [Hearts] MAC” line. The first, RiRi Woo red lipstick, will be unveiled on May 4 with a pop-up shop at her concert inside Brooklyn’s Barclays Center.
The second product will debut in summer, the third in fall, and the fourth will be a special holiday line arriving in December.
WWD also notes that unlike previous MAC celebrity collaborators, Rihanna is being considered a “creative partner” with long term potential.
“When it comes to creating things, I like to get my hands in there,” she told Women’s Wear Daily. “When you think of makeup, the brand that pops into your mind — for something legit — is MAC. Whatever color you want, it’s like ‘Let’s go to MAC.’ I’ve been using MAC on tour for such a long time it was a natural fit for me. I have always loved makeup, and I always said that if I do it, I want to do it with a credible brand.”
After the announcement, Rihanna posted on Instagram a photo of the products [see above], all marked with “RiRi [Hearts] MAC” in her handwriting.
“That’s right baby, I’m a #MACgal now!” she wrote. “Get into it, package designed and products created from scratch by yours truly! Thanks to the EPIC team at #MAC for giving me the opportunity to play and share my favorite s**t with my fans and yours.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Should Nicole Arbour's ‘Dear Black People’ Video be Banned? (WATCH)
- The Big Reward in Trump's Perennial Race-Baiting
- THE (11-25-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- GS Warriors Make NBA History with 16-0 Season Start (WATCH)
- Marcus D. Spencer (Big Spence) Finds Role in 'Fair Chase'
- 'Barbershop 3' Trailer Mixes Beauty, Comedy and Gang Violence [WATCH]
- Video of Chicago Police Officer Shooting Laquan McDonald Released (WATCH)
- (Video) WATCH: New 'Zootopia' Trailer
- Patti LaBelle Wants to Work with Fetty Wap, Talks Pie Success [WATCH]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here