*Cosmetics giant MAC has teamed with Rihanna for a multi-season collaboration that will yield four distinct makeup collections to be rolled out through 2013, reports Women’s Wear Daily.
MAC is calling Rihanna its “creative partner” and she will have a heavy hand with the 31 products in the “RiRi [Hearts] MAC” line. The first, RiRi Woo red lipstick, will be unveiled on May 4 with a pop-up shop at her concert inside Brooklyn’s Barclays Center.
The second product will debut in summer, the third in fall, and the fourth will be a special holiday line arriving in December.
WWD also notes that unlike previous MAC celebrity collaborators, Rihanna is being considered a “creative partner” with long term potential.
“When it comes to creating things, I like to get my hands in there,” she told Women’s Wear Daily. “When you think of makeup, the brand that pops into your mind — for something legit — is MAC. Whatever color you want, it’s like ‘Let’s go to MAC.’ I’ve been using MAC on tour for such a long time it was a natural fit for me. I have always loved makeup, and I always said that if I do it, I want to do it with a credible brand.”
After the announcement, Rihanna posted on Instagram a photo of the products [see above], all marked with “RiRi [Hearts] MAC” in her handwriting.
“That’s right baby, I’m a #MACgal now!” she wrote. “Get into it, package designed and products created from scratch by yours truly! Thanks to the EPIC team at #MAC for giving me the opportunity to play and share my favorite s**t with my fans and yours.”
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here