*In spite of being labeled a “cornbread brother” by some loser named Rob Parker, who was fired by his employer, ESPN, Robert Griffin III did his electrifying thing during the 2012 NFL season and has been named the AP (Associated Press) Offensive Rookie of the Year.
Griffin got the most love from the 50-member panel which gave him 29 votes compared to the Indianapolis Colts’ Andrew Luck (11) and Russell Wilson of the Seattle Seahawks (10).
The 2011 Heisman Trophy winner took Washington Redskins to a 10-6 record, a surprising NFC East title and the No. 4 seed in the playoffs.
Unfortunately, the season ended on a downer: the young QB injured his ACL and LCL in the Wild Card Weekend loss to the Seattle Seahawks.
However, his body of work over 15 regular-season games was impossible to ignore.
In that span, Griffin completed 258 of 393 passes for 3,200 yards, 20 touchdowns and just five interceptions. He added a new dynamic to the Washington offense with his legs, taking off 120 times for 815 yards and seven scores.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Arsenio Hall Denies Sinead O’Connor's Prince Drug Claim
- Parents, Students Stunned as 2,700 Detroit Teachers 'Call in Sick'
- Beyonce Shows Up at the Met Gala Without U-Know-Who (WATCH)
- Tupac Shakur's Mother Afeni Shakur-Davis Dies at 69
- No Biggie. White House Shrugs off Recent N-word Controversy
- The Socialist's Journal: 'Meternity Leave'
- Meet the Black Businessman Giving Ex-Cons, Veterans, and Homeless Support for Success
- THE (05-03-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ringside Update/Ortiz vs Berto II The Second Chapter
- Johnny Gill Says New Album to Accompany New Edition Biopic
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here