*In spite of being labeled a “cornbread brother” by some loser named Rob Parker, who was fired by his employer, ESPN, Robert Griffin III did his electrifying thing during the 2012 NFL season and has been named the AP (Associated Press) Offensive Rookie of the Year.
Griffin got the most love from the 50-member panel which gave him 29 votes compared to the Indianapolis Colts’ Andrew Luck (11) and Russell Wilson of the Seattle Seahawks (10).
The 2011 Heisman Trophy winner took Washington Redskins to a 10-6 record, a surprising NFC East title and the No. 4 seed in the playoffs.
Unfortunately, the season ended on a downer: the young QB injured his ACL and LCL in the Wild Card Weekend loss to the Seattle Seahawks.
However, his body of work over 15 regular-season games was impossible to ignore.
In that span, Griffin completed 258 of 393 passes for 3,200 yards, 20 touchdowns and just five interceptions. He added a new dynamic to the Washington offense with his legs, taking off 120 times for 815 yards and seven scores.
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Marisa Tomei Joins 'Empire' as Recurring Character
- Prince Yanks His Music From Every Streaming Service Except Tidal
- Bobbi Kristina: Grave Being Prepared; Alleged Former Drug Dealer Dies of Overdose
- Chris Brown Files Paternity Papers to Thwart Baby Mama's Support Demands
- Rihanna Drops 'BBHMM' Video; Kidnaps Fans for Tidal Launch (Watch)
- Economy Adds 223K Jobs; Black Unemployment Down Slightly
- Don Lemon to Donald Trump: 'Did You Have to Say They Were Rapists?' (Watch)
- Crazy Mom who Killed Her Kids: 'I'd Do it Again!' (Disturbing Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here