*In spite of being labeled a “cornbread brother” by some loser named Rob Parker, who was fired by his employer, ESPN, Robert Griffin III did his electrifying thing during the 2012 NFL season and has been named the AP (Associated Press) Offensive Rookie of the Year.
Griffin got the most love from the 50-member panel which gave him 29 votes compared to the Indianapolis Colts’ Andrew Luck (11) and Russell Wilson of the Seattle Seahawks (10).
The 2011 Heisman Trophy winner took Washington Redskins to a 10-6 record, a surprising NFC East title and the No. 4 seed in the playoffs.
Unfortunately, the season ended on a downer: the young QB injured his ACL and LCL in the Wild Card Weekend loss to the Seattle Seahawks.
However, his body of work over 15 regular-season games was impossible to ignore.
In that span, Griffin completed 258 of 393 passes for 3,200 yards, 20 touchdowns and just five interceptions. He added a new dynamic to the Washington offense with his legs, taking off 120 times for 815 yards and seven scores.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Chicago Cop Fatally Shoots Teen, Then Sues His Family
- Jay Z's Tidal Selects #BlackLivesMatter for $1.5M Donation
- EUR Exclusive 'Hit the Floor Clip: Funny/Sexy Tension in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- New 'Ghostbusters' Character Images Revealed
- Kerry Washington Talks Pressures Black Women Face
- Cam Newton Stars in New Beats by Dre Ad Featuring Future (WATCH)
- Bronx is Latest Location for NYC 'Subway Slasher' (Lone Suspect is Red Haired Brotha')
- L.A. Reid Confesses to Wendy He Failed Whitney Houston (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here