*In spite of being labeled a “cornbread brother” by some loser named Rob Parker, who was fired by his employer, ESPN, Robert Griffin III did his electrifying thing during the 2012 NFL season and has been named the AP (Associated Press) Offensive Rookie of the Year.
Griffin got the most love from the 50-member panel which gave him 29 votes compared to the Indianapolis Colts’ Andrew Luck (11) and Russell Wilson of the Seattle Seahawks (10).
The 2011 Heisman Trophy winner took Washington Redskins to a 10-6 record, a surprising NFC East title and the No. 4 seed in the playoffs.
Unfortunately, the season ended on a downer: the young QB injured his ACL and LCL in the Wild Card Weekend loss to the Seattle Seahawks.
However, his body of work over 15 regular-season games was impossible to ignore.
In that span, Griffin completed 258 of 393 passes for 3,200 yards, 20 touchdowns and just five interceptions. He added a new dynamic to the Washington offense with his legs, taking off 120 times for 815 yards and seven scores.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: You Don't Know What You Don't Know
- The Socialist's Journal: Blake Lively
- Dr. Kenneth C. Ulmer and David Sigel Announce TUI
- 'It Got Better': Raven Symone Talks Sexuality & Coming Out (WATCH)
- THE (05-24-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oscar Generale & Denny Mendez Shopping for Baby Clothes?
- Lynn Whitfield Dishes on Her Dramatic Face Off With Oprah! (WATCH)
- Yes, Wendy Williams Had Plenty to Say About the Tamar/'The Real' Situation (WATCH)
- Bombshell Report: Bill Cosby Admitted to Sex with Teens!
- Floyd Mayweather Hired Drake, Future For Daughter’s Sweet Sixteen
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here