*In spite of being labeled a “cornbread brother” by some loser named Rob Parker, who was fired by his employer, ESPN, Robert Griffin III did his electrifying thing during the 2012 NFL season and has been named the AP (Associated Press) Offensive Rookie of the Year.
Griffin got the most love from the 50-member panel which gave him 29 votes compared to the Indianapolis Colts’ Andrew Luck (11) and Russell Wilson of the Seattle Seahawks (10).
The 2011 Heisman Trophy winner took Washington Redskins to a 10-6 record, a surprising NFC East title and the No. 4 seed in the playoffs.
Unfortunately, the season ended on a downer: the young QB injured his ACL and LCL in the Wild Card Weekend loss to the Seattle Seahawks.
However, his body of work over 15 regular-season games was impossible to ignore.
In that span, Griffin completed 258 of 393 passes for 3,200 yards, 20 touchdowns and just five interceptions. He added a new dynamic to the Washington offense with his legs, taking off 120 times for 815 yards and seven scores.
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Funeral Filled with Family, Music and Spirituality
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here