*Quentin Tarantino surely stirred up some conversation with the production of his spaghetti Western slave flick, “Django Unchained,” and even threw out some criticism about Alex Haley’s classic TV mini series, “Roots,” saying that much of the story wasn’t true.
So, some of the original “Roots” cast members showed up on the Wendy Williams show to celebrate the 35th anniversary of the mini series and discuss the “Django” hub bub.
“Quentin Tarantino is a very clever man, very brilliant, brilliant movie,” Louis Gossett, Jr. began diplomatically. ” [But] The N word… I’m old enough to remember the knee-jerk reactions when I hear the word and there were too many of them for me. He wanted to break out all of the myths and stuff but he was going for publicity. Now if we want to talk about the West, let’s talk about Bass Reeves…Deadwood Dick and Nat Turner. Now put those dolls out there for our children to see next to Django and maybe that will level the playing field.”
Levar Burton kept his comments pretty neutral but Leslie Uggams took it to the house, basically telling Tarantino to shut his mouth about “Roots.”
“We’re telling our Black story, he ain’t Black!”
Check it out for yourself:
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Perspective on Harris Co. Deputy's Death by Project 21 Member Who Served with Him
- RHOA Fight: Cynthia Bailey Kicked Porsha Williams in the Stomach (Report)
- James Bond Author Now ‘Sorry’ for Calling Idris Elba ‘Too Street’
- Janet Jackson Drops Missy Elliott Collabo at ‘Unbreakable’ Tour Launch (Clips)
- Bay Area Man Finds Twenty Dollars and Uses it to Win $1 Million!
- Health: Is Your Pee Trying to Tell You Something?
- Soul of the US Open: Serena Walks Over; Venus Grinds to Victory; Sloane Stephens Dismissed Early
- New James Bond Author Says Idris Elba is ‘Too Street’ to Play 007
- Bill O’Reilly Vows to Put #BlackLivesMatter Out of Business, Compares Group to KKK (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here