Because the host hasn’t reached the five-year milestone in her, ahem, second marriage, she refuses to drop pearls of wisdom about the life-long commitment. But she went all the way in (in a good way) about Beyoncé and Jay Z’s relationship.
It was after watching the Beyoncé interview on “Oprah’s Next Chapter” that Sherri felt she needed to say something to the world.
The singer told Oprah it’s nice to go home to her man because it gives her “such a foundation.” She went on about how it’s important to be with someone “that you just like.”
Sherri saddled up on Twitter and gave Bey some props.
“Beyoncé told Oprah that she wouldn’t be who she was if she didn’t have Jay-Z to go home to … that’s pretty awesome,” tweeted Sherri, who pointed out a popular relationship double standard.
“When a woman’s career is great no one says ‘she must’ve had a good man,’ but when it goes south everyone blames ‘that damn husband,'” she wrote. “When a man does well or is powerful, we tend to say ‘he must’ve had a good woman behind him’ but it also goes the other way.”
Sherri also admitted though she’s divorced, her first husband played an instrumental role in her success, and her current husband has been a motivator for her most recent projects.
“Sometimes a hubby helps U w fear,” she said; yet she also warned women not to be too dependent on their men.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here