*Sheryl Underwood, about to mark her second anniversary on CBS’ daytime show “The Talk,” continues to celebrate the diversity of the ladies around the table – a mix of white, Asian and African American – as well as the folks behind the scene that render them camera ready each afternoon.
“Our lighting guy is lighting every race of people on our show, and lighting it well,” said Underwood, 49. “I don’t know if he used to work for Oprah or what, but he took 25 years off of me.”
Additionally, Sheryl’s Twitter followers know that the comedian has been told on occasion that her makeup on the show “is poppin’.”
“My makeup guy Dell McDonald, been with me for years,” she said, adding that his talent, plus the lighting guy’s expertise, has opened up certain wardrobe and wig opportunities that she previously thought were no-no’s to sisters with her complexion.
“You ever watch the show – and I’m darker-skinned but I got on yellow? You know we don’t wear yellow this dark…or orange,” she laughed. “Or they’ll let me wear a curly wig, when curly wigs are supposed to be kind of a hostile look for our people. Or they’ll let me wear strawberry blonde, or something with highlights.”
Below, Underwood tells us what she loves about the show even more than her lighting and makeup.
- Robin Thicke Distracted by Marriage Fail During ‘Blurred Lines’ Lawsuit
- Sherri Shepherd Settles Custody Battle with Lamar Sally
- Bobbi Kristina was Taken to Chicago; Ricky Bell Tries to Comfort Bobby
- Duh! New Gun-Shaped iPhone Case: Scary, Stupid, Dumb, Dangerous Idea
- Geraldo Blames Kendrick Lamar for Damaging Young Black Males
- Steven Spielberg Reduces The Rock to a 'Big Ass Kid' with Personal Letter
- Black Confederate Flag Defender Believes Slavery was a ‘Choice’ (WATCH)
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Black Lives Matter Interview with Lucy McBath
- Congresswoman Waters Applauds U.S.-Cuba Agreement to Open Embassies
- A Camping Checklist for the Prepared Parent
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here