*Sheryl Underwood, about to mark her second anniversary on CBS’ daytime show “The Talk,” continues to celebrate the diversity of the ladies around the table – a mix of white, Asian and African American – as well as the folks behind the scene that render them camera ready each afternoon.
“Our lighting guy is lighting every race of people on our show, and lighting it well,” said Underwood, 49. “I don’t know if he used to work for Oprah or what, but he took 25 years off of me.”
Additionally, Sheryl’s Twitter followers know that the comedian has been told on occasion that her makeup on the show “is poppin’.”
“My makeup guy Dell McDonald, been with me for years,” she said, adding that his talent, plus the lighting guy’s expertise, has opened up certain wardrobe and wig opportunities that she previously thought were no-no’s to sisters with her complexion.
“You ever watch the show – and I’m darker-skinned but I got on yellow? You know we don’t wear yellow this dark…or orange,” she laughed. “Or they’ll let me wear a curly wig, when curly wigs are supposed to be kind of a hostile look for our people. Or they’ll let me wear strawberry blonde, or something with highlights.”
Below, Underwood tells us what she loves about the show even more than her lighting and makeup.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Fox News’ Rupert Murdoch Suggests Obama Isn’t a ‘Real Black President’; Apologizes Amid Backlash
- Michel’le Gets Personal with Thinkfactory for New BioPic Partnership
- Matt Barnes and Derek Fisher Reportedly Brawl Over Gloria Govan
- Butt-Injection Death of Bronx Non-profit Executive Ruled 'A Homicide'
- NBAer James Harden Proclaims: ‘I Am the Best Player in the League’
- Woman Punched by CHP Officer Arrested Again on Same Freeway!
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep3) Fires of Heaven
- Roseburg, Oregon Publisher Declares Pres. Obama is 'Not Welcome’ (WATCH)
- Online Tools and Resources Every Small Business - Entrepreneur Should Have
- Syreeta 'The Trumpet Lady' Thompson Releases Digital Single
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here