*Sheryl Underwood, about to mark her second anniversary on CBS’ daytime show “The Talk,” continues to celebrate the diversity of the ladies around the table – a mix of white, Asian and African American – as well as the folks behind the scene that render them camera ready each afternoon.
“Our lighting guy is lighting every race of people on our show, and lighting it well,” said Underwood, 49. “I don’t know if he used to work for Oprah or what, but he took 25 years off of me.”
Additionally, Sheryl’s Twitter followers know that the comedian has been told on occasion that her makeup on the show “is poppin’.”
“My makeup guy Dell McDonald, been with me for years,” she said, adding that his talent, plus the lighting guy’s expertise, has opened up certain wardrobe and wig opportunities that she previously thought were no-no’s to sisters with her complexion.
“You ever watch the show – and I’m darker-skinned but I got on yellow? You know we don’t wear yellow this dark…or orange,” she laughed. “Or they’ll let me wear a curly wig, when curly wigs are supposed to be kind of a hostile look for our people. Or they’ll let me wear strawberry blonde, or something with highlights.”
Below, Underwood tells us what she loves about the show even more than her lighting and makeup.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Target Wins Lawsuit Filed by Rosa and Raymond Parks Institute
- 'The Music of ‘Underground': Behind-the-Scenes with John Legend on Slave Thriller
- Lamar Odom On Way to Full Recovery; Almost Living on His Own
- Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Deserve the Black Vote. Here's why ...
- #BlackLivesMatter Activist Commits Suicide on Ohio Statehouse Steps
- Jubilee Project Video Discusses a ‘World Without Black People’
- How I Helped 50,000 Blacks Think it Out, Not Shoot it Out
- THE (02-10-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Lalah Hathaway & Kindred the Family Soul Headline ATL SLMF
- Timbaland Reschedules Detroit Charity Gig Following Champagne Tantrum
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here