*Sheryl Underwood, about to mark her second anniversary on CBS’ daytime show “The Talk,” continues to celebrate the diversity of the ladies around the table – a mix of white, Asian and African American – as well as the folks behind the scene that render them camera ready each afternoon.
“Our lighting guy is lighting every race of people on our show, and lighting it well,” said Underwood, 49. “I don’t know if he used to work for Oprah or what, but he took 25 years off of me.”
Additionally, Sheryl’s Twitter followers know that the comedian has been told on occasion that her makeup on the show “is poppin’.”
“My makeup guy Dell McDonald, been with me for years,” she said, adding that his talent, plus the lighting guy’s expertise, has opened up certain wardrobe and wig opportunities that she previously thought were no-no’s to sisters with her complexion.
“You ever watch the show – and I’m darker-skinned but I got on yellow? You know we don’t wear yellow this dark…or orange,” she laughed. “Or they’ll let me wear a curly wig, when curly wigs are supposed to be kind of a hostile look for our people. Or they’ll let me wear strawberry blonde, or something with highlights.”
Below, Underwood tells us what she loves about the show even more than her lighting and makeup.
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here