*Sheryl Underwood, about to mark her second anniversary on CBS’ daytime show “The Talk,” continues to celebrate the diversity of the ladies around the table – a mix of white, Asian and African American – as well as the folks behind the scene that render them camera ready each afternoon.
“Our lighting guy is lighting every race of people on our show, and lighting it well,” said Underwood, 49. “I don’t know if he used to work for Oprah or what, but he took 25 years off of me.”
Additionally, Sheryl’s Twitter followers know that the comedian has been told on occasion that her makeup on the show “is poppin’.”
“My makeup guy Dell McDonald, been with me for years,” she said, adding that his talent, plus the lighting guy’s expertise, has opened up certain wardrobe and wig opportunities that she previously thought were no-no’s to sisters with her complexion.
“You ever watch the show – and I’m darker-skinned but I got on yellow? You know we don’t wear yellow this dark…or orange,” she laughed. “Or they’ll let me wear a curly wig, when curly wigs are supposed to be kind of a hostile look for our people. Or they’ll let me wear strawberry blonde, or something with highlights.”
Below, Underwood tells us what she loves about the show even more than her lighting and makeup.
- Mr. Robinson Debuts Today, August 5
- Call Her 'Chief': Kim Royster Promoted to Highest Position Ever Held by Black Woman in NYPD
- NAACP Sponsors ‘America’s Journey for Justice’
- Black Male International Relations Student Returns From One Year Study in China
- THE (08-05-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LISTEN to Newcomer Babs Savage's New Hit 'La La' - A Unique Twist on the Delfonic's Classic
- #AaliyahForMAC: Aaliyah Fans Start Petition for MAC Line
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here