*Dame Shirley Bassey, who recorded the theme songs for the James Bond films “Goldfinger,” “Diamonds Are Forever” and “Moonraker,” will make her first appearance at the Academy Awards this month, producers announced today.
Bassey, whose career has spanned more than six decades, is scheduled to perform at the awards show on Feb. 24 in Los Angeles, along with others including Adele (performing her nominated 007 theme song “Skyfall”), Norah Jones and Barbra Streisand.
“Her association with film music is world renowned and we are proud that she will be making her first Oscar appearance on our telecast,” Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, the producers of the show, said in a statement.
The 76-year-old British singer of Nigerian and English descent has recorded more than 44 albums, has sold more than 135 million records and has performed in concert halls across the world. Last June, she sang at Queen Elizabeth’s Diamond Jubilee concert in London.
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here