*Dame Shirley Bassey, who recorded the theme songs for the James Bond films “Goldfinger,” “Diamonds Are Forever” and “Moonraker,” will make her first appearance at the Academy Awards this month, producers announced today.
Bassey, whose career has spanned more than six decades, is scheduled to perform at the awards show on Feb. 24 in Los Angeles, along with others including Adele (performing her nominated 007 theme song “Skyfall”), Norah Jones and Barbra Streisand.
“Her association with film music is world renowned and we are proud that she will be making her first Oscar appearance on our telecast,” Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, the producers of the show, said in a statement.
The 76-year-old British singer of Nigerian and English descent has recorded more than 44 albums, has sold more than 135 million records and has performed in concert halls across the world. Last June, she sang at Queen Elizabeth’s Diamond Jubilee concert in London.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Baby Fat Shamed As 'Stuff Curry' Becomes Internet Favorite
- PA Judge Rules Bill Cosby Trial Can Proceed on All Charges
- Prince Fans Confused After Minnesota Declares ‘Beyonce Day’
- Bishop Eddie Long To Discuss Struggles During Sex Scandal on ‘Steve Harvey’
- Erica Campbell: 'I Didn't Takeover' Yolanda Adams' Radio Slot [EUR Exclusive]
- Mike Epps Shows it's Never Too Late: Graduates High School at 45
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton Declares May 23rd ‘Beyonce Day’, Then Lightning Strikes
- Serena Williams Pulls Off Series of Mind-Blowing Tennis Trick Shots (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here