A fan made the mistake and opened a can of whoop a** when she asked if the “Scandal” creator has any advice for single women moping on the commercial love day.
“Here is what I say to all the ladies who are alone on Valentines Day: please do not ever use these words ‘ladies who are alone on Valentine’s Day’ together in a sentence ever again. Ever. Again,” Shonda started.
She added that it’s just another day in the year and people need to get out of that BS mindset of having to be with someone on Valentine’s Day because it’s not that serious, ever.
Instead, she suggested that single ladies focus on the love they do have in their lives.
“Go. Be happy with the people you love and who love you,” she wrote before rattling off a list of things to do today that range from the reasonable to the comically impossible. “See a friend. Read a book. Flirt with a cute boy (or girl). Dance it out. Watch a movie. Have a party. Build a robot. Stop a Zombie Apocalypse. Take over the Earth. Paint your toenails. Eat soup. DO ANYTHING.”
And she followed up with a good slap in the face, encouraging people not to buy into the commercialism and feel excited to just be alive.
She said, single women don’t need cheering up because, “THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOU.”
The bottom line, according to Rhimes, is that women should focus on something other than their single status, declaring, “f*ck Valentine’s Day. Go do something with your life!”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Meek Mill Sentenced to House Arrest & Six Years Probation
- Will and Jada Called Out by Anthony Anderson for Starting 'Ish' (WATCH)
- Kenya Moore Explains Why Cynthia Bailey 'Deeply Hurt Me' on 'RHOA'
- Agents of Change Docu Is Centerpiece Film At PAFF
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- EUR Exclusive First Look Clip: Robert Townsend's 'Playin' for Love'
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Civil Rights Leaders Call for 'Lunch Out' of Pre Oscar Ceremony Luncheon
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here