Jose Lambiet’s Gossip Extra is reporting that the still as yet unnamed bodyguard brought up racism when he and Harvey were approached by a Palm Beach County Sheriff’s deputy investigating a vandalism incident at Wellington’s Winter Equestrian Festival.
The deputy confronted Harvey, who also hosts TV and radio’s The Steve Harvey Show, over allegations that someone who looks like his muscle keyed the car of a show jumping competitor in a dispute over a parking space.
As Gossip Extra reported yesterday, PBSO plans on filing a felony criminal mischief charge against Harvey’s security man because the car probably needs an entirely new paint job.
Now, the issue of race at the nearly all white showgrounds is being raised, according to a source who watched and heard the deputy question the men.
“The bodyguard denied he was anywhere near the car that was keyed,” the witness tells me. “He said the only reason the deputy wanted to talk to them is because they’re black.
“The guy told the deputy: ‘You’re asking us about this is because we’re the only black people here.’”
Speaking of black, the GE report also points out that there is a rising crop of young minority riders, using the Wellington facilities, through a slew of outreach programs.
Current black riders include Paige Johnson, daughter of the BET television network founders Bob Johnson & ex-wife, and Sheila; Mavis Spencer, daughter of True Blood actress Alfre Woodard and of course, Harvey’s daughter, Lori.
Also, there’s more info at Gossip Extra. Click here to check it out.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here