Jose Lambiet’s Gossip Extra is reporting that the still as yet unnamed bodyguard brought up racism when he and Harvey were approached by a Palm Beach County Sheriff’s deputy investigating a vandalism incident at Wellington’s Winter Equestrian Festival.
The deputy confronted Harvey, who also hosts TV and radio’s The Steve Harvey Show, over allegations that someone who looks like his muscle keyed the car of a show jumping competitor in a dispute over a parking space.
As Gossip Extra reported yesterday, PBSO plans on filing a felony criminal mischief charge against Harvey’s security man because the car probably needs an entirely new paint job.
Now, the issue of race at the nearly all white showgrounds is being raised, according to a source who watched and heard the deputy question the men.
“The bodyguard denied he was anywhere near the car that was keyed,” the witness tells me. “He said the only reason the deputy wanted to talk to them is because they’re black.
“The guy told the deputy: ‘You’re asking us about this is because we’re the only black people here.’”
Speaking of black, the GE report also points out that there is a rising crop of young minority riders, using the Wellington facilities, through a slew of outreach programs.
Current black riders include Paige Johnson, daughter of the BET television network founders Bob Johnson & ex-wife, and Sheila; Mavis Spencer, daughter of True Blood actress Alfre Woodard and of course, Harvey’s daughter, Lori.
Also, there’s more info at Gossip Extra. Click here to check it out.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince Offered to Mentor Chris Brown After Rihanna Incident
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Blake Shelton Curses Out Beyonce’s Country Haters (Watch)
- Report: Janet Jackson Pregnant With First Child at Nearly 50
- Radio Stations Nationwide to Simulcast Prince’s ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ on Wed
- Woman Stabs Boyfriend For Not Getting Her a Valentine’s Gift (Video)
- Attorney for Prince's Addiction Specialist Explains Pills Found in His Medical Bag (Watch)
- The 15th Annual East Coast Black Age of Comics Convention in Philly
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here