*You don’t see him much in the trailers, but T.I. has a plum role in the upcoming film “Identity Thief,” starring Jason Bateman as a mild-mannered businessman who sets out to find the person who stole his identity.
Melissa McCarthy plays the deceptively harmless-looking woman who ruined his credit, and T.I. plays a bounty hunter who chases after them both.
“It was a refreshing stretch to be able to do something different,” the rapper told us of his first major comedic role. “People, they assume that I’m just this straight-faced, hard-core criminal, which I am not… anymore.
After well-received dramatic turns in “ATL,” “Takers,” “American Gangster” and the Starz original series “Boss,” T.I. says he was eager to diversify his resume with a comedy.
“I like shocking people. I enjoy taking advantage of the opportunity to surprise people when they only thought I could do [drama],” he said. “Now, they’re pleasantly surprised with something different. So I welcome that opportunity and I appreciate it.”
Below, Tip tells us if his move toward acting has alienated any of his music fans.
“Identity Thief” arrives in theaters on Feb. 8. Watch the trailer below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Ed Gordon': Bounce TV's First-Ever Primetime News Magazine Show to Debut Sept. 13
- Songs in the Key of Stevie Wonder and Imhotep Gary Byrd: Celebrating 50 Years of Friendship
- Former NBAer Delonte West is NOT Homeless - Sugar Babies Are Winning?
- Olympics-Bound Gymnast Simone Biles Can Not Be Stopped (Watch)
- Judge Joe Brown Banned from Practicing Law in Tennessee
- DMX Joins Keke Palmer, Aunjanue Ellis in Indie Film ‘Pimp’
- Kanye West Expands Adidas Partnership to Include Line of Apparel, Accessories
- Willow Smith: The New Face of Chanel Eyewear (Pics & Video)
- Father of Orlando Shooting Victim Refuses to Claim Son's Body
- Russell Simmons' All Def Digital Lands New $10M in Financing
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here