*You don’t see him much in the trailers, but T.I. has a plum role in the upcoming film “Identity Thief,” starring Jason Bateman as a mild-mannered businessman who sets out to find the person who stole his identity.
Melissa McCarthy plays the deceptively harmless-looking woman who ruined his credit, and T.I. plays a bounty hunter who chases after them both.
“It was a refreshing stretch to be able to do something different,” the rapper told us of his first major comedic role. “People, they assume that I’m just this straight-faced, hard-core criminal, which I am not… anymore.
After well-received dramatic turns in “ATL,” “Takers,” “American Gangster” and the Starz original series “Boss,” T.I. says he was eager to diversify his resume with a comedy.
“I like shocking people. I enjoy taking advantage of the opportunity to surprise people when they only thought I could do [drama],” he said. “Now, they’re pleasantly surprised with something different. So I welcome that opportunity and I appreciate it.”
Below, Tip tells us if his move toward acting has alienated any of his music fans.
“Identity Thief” arrives in theaters on Feb. 8. Watch the trailer below.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here