*You don’t see him much in the trailers, but T.I. has a plum role in the upcoming film “Identity Thief,” starring Jason Bateman as a mild-mannered businessman who sets out to find the person who stole his identity.
Melissa McCarthy plays the deceptively harmless-looking woman who ruined his credit, and T.I. plays a bounty hunter who chases after them both.
“It was a refreshing stretch to be able to do something different,” the rapper told us of his first major comedic role. “People, they assume that I’m just this straight-faced, hard-core criminal, which I am not… anymore.
After well-received dramatic turns in “ATL,” “Takers,” “American Gangster” and the Starz original series “Boss,” T.I. says he was eager to diversify his resume with a comedy.
“I like shocking people. I enjoy taking advantage of the opportunity to surprise people when they only thought I could do [drama],” he said. “Now, they’re pleasantly surprised with something different. So I welcome that opportunity and I appreciate it.”
Below, Tip tells us if his move toward acting has alienated any of his music fans.
“Identity Thief” arrives in theaters on Feb. 8. Watch the trailer below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Parking Lot Crowded, Can't Locate Your Car? Meet 'Zus'
- Draya Michele's Post-Baby Body - Richard Sherman Pranks Himself
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here