“Ten years after bursting onto the scene, Taimak was cast for Berry Gordy’s now classic ‘The Last Dragon’ as Bruce Leroy. He was quickly catapulted to stardom and a career that has spanned over twenty years. Taimak has appeared in over a dozen plays, including the highly successful ‘Roadhouse the Comedy’ at the Barrow Street Theater in New York City, playing the notable role of Dalton in this zany comedy rendition of Patrick Swayze’s 80s cult film and the national tour of the star studded cast of ‘Cheaters,’” writes Carlton Jordan in his self-named blog.
Well, Taimak is mature now and able to look back at his career through a different lens.
In an interview with Jordan, martial arts practitioner/actor chatted about establishing an identity as an thespian and separating his film character from his everyday life as an actor and lover of martial arts.
“Although the character has made a huge impact in my life, I eat popcorn with my hands, not chopsticks and I don’t walk the streets of N.Y. wearing a kung fu outfit,” he said. “I did idolize Bruce Lee growing up and martial arts is and always will be a part of me.”
He added that while he loves martial arts, he’s open to trying new things.
As far as a remake of “The Last Dragon,” there’s no sure word on whether or not another will be created. However, Rihanna was a name thrown in there.
“Trying to remake a classic is very hard. As far as Rihanna,” says Taimak, in response to a question as to whether she’d be able to carry the role originated by Vanity, “she’s very talented and I think everyone deserves a shot, but it’s all about the chemistry between the two leads.”
The interview also delves a little deeper into Taimak’s relationship with the other cast members and dealing with the death of a few peers. He also chats about his role as an African American martial artist; carrying on a legacy, and dealing with gay men.
Check out the full interview at CarltonJordan.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here