*Alysse and Shay, better known to some as “Two Black Girls and a Mic,” recently interviewed Alia Rose, the daughter of the late Teena Marie about her mother’s recent posthumously released album “Beautiful” and growing up as the daughter of a musical icon.
Miss Rose was pretty forthcoming and gave the two black girls with a mic some pretty interesting stuff to chew on. They got Teena Marie’s only child to discuss her childhood and her mother’s liberal attitude toward her that she feels led her down the wrong path.
“She let me do my thing. She let me do exactly what it is I wanted to do. I wanted to party,” Alia Rose confessed. “I wanted to hang out with all my friends and experiment with different things and … she allowed me to that.”
Alia also dispels the rumors that Rick James is her father and that her mom never said her real dad’s name.
Now that we have your attention, we assume you’re down for hearing the full discourse between the ladies. If so, please click the player below and listen. (BTW, Alia’s intro comes at about 7 minutes and 35 seconds into the show.)
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Missy Elliott Reportedly Joins ‘The Voice’ Season 9 as a Mentor
- Dylann Roof Enters 33 ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas in Federal Court
- Unauthorized Beyoncé Bio to Reveal Inside Deets on 'SolangeGate'
- 'Peanuts' Celebrates its First African American Character, Franklin
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here