*Alysse and Shay, better known to some as “Two Black Girls and a Mic,” recently interviewed Alia Rose, the daughter of the late Teena Marie about her mother’s recent posthumously released album “Beautiful” and growing up as the daughter of a musical icon.
Miss Rose was pretty forthcoming and gave the two black girls with a mic some pretty interesting stuff to chew on. They got Teena Marie’s only child to discuss her childhood and her mother’s liberal attitude toward her that she feels led her down the wrong path.
“She let me do my thing. She let me do exactly what it is I wanted to do. I wanted to party,” Alia Rose confessed. “I wanted to hang out with all my friends and experiment with different things and … she allowed me to that.”
Alia also dispels the rumors that Rick James is her father and that her mom never said her real dad’s name.
Now that we have your attention, we assume you’re down for hearing the full discourse between the ladies. If so, please click the player below and listen. (BTW, Alia’s intro comes at about 7 minutes and 35 seconds into the show.)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here