*Alysse and Shay, better known to some as “Two Black Girls and a Mic,” recently interviewed Alia Rose, the daughter of the late Teena Marie about her mother’s recent posthumously released album “Beautiful” and growing up as the daughter of a musical icon.
Miss Rose was pretty forthcoming and gave the two black girls with a mic some pretty interesting stuff to chew on. They got Teena Marie’s only child to discuss her childhood and her mother’s liberal attitude toward her that she feels led her down the wrong path.
“She let me do my thing. She let me do exactly what it is I wanted to do. I wanted to party,” Alia Rose confessed. “I wanted to hang out with all my friends and experiment with different things and … she allowed me to that.”
Alia also dispels the rumors that Rick James is her father and that her mom never said her real dad’s name.
Now that we have your attention, we assume you’re down for hearing the full discourse between the ladies. If so, please click the player below and listen. (BTW, Alia’s intro comes at about 7 minutes and 35 seconds into the show.)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- T.I. New York City Concert Shooting: 1 Dead, 3 Wounded
- Generation Rent: How Young Families are Adapting to Apartment Living
- THE (05-26-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EUR on the Scene: 2nd Annual Alma Del Barrio Salsa Festival
- People of Note: Paying Tribute to Michael
- The Legend Continues Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here