*A true black history moment is taking place right now in this country…over 100 years from the time it was supposed to actually make history.
The state of Mississippi never ratified the 13th Amendment to abolish slavery as well as involuntary servitude with the rest of the colonies back in 1865, according to New York Daily News.
They knew they hadn’t ratified the amendment as late as 1995, when they allegedly submitted the paperwork. But, due to an oversight….yada, yada, yada, yeah right!
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- LeSean McCoy: Video of Club Brawl With Off Duty Cops (Watch)
- DMX Hospitalized After Discovered Unconscious at Hotel
- Red Lobster Sales and Social Media Soar Since Beyonce’s ‘Formation’
- EUR Celebrates Black History Month - From AFRICAN SKETCHBOOK to OUR ROOTS
- What?! All Traces of Rapist-Cop Daniel Holtzclaw Gone from Database
- UCLA Gymnast Goes Viral With Dab, Nae-Nae, Quan Filled Floor Routine (Watch)
- Ben Carson’s Debate Entrance Mocked on Daytime and Late Night TV (Watch)
- Sheryl Lee Ralph's Diva Foundation & Better Brothers LA Share the Top 6 Reasons for the 2nd Annual Truth Awards
- Judge Tosses Janice Dickinson’s Amended Complaint Against Cosby
- Cam Newton Says 'Show Me a Good Loser and I’ll Show You a Loser'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here