*It’s funny how we tend to get frustrated and anxious when nothing seems to be working in our lives.
When there appears to be illusions of darkness all around us. We struggle in our finances, we continue to have relationship issues, job issues or our businesses are underperforming. It feels like we are walking around with this dark cloud over our lives.
I can relate to these scenarios because at one time in my life, these were my experiences as well. I often times felt like my life was cursed. In fact, I even said it a time or two. Until one day, I had an epiphany as to why my life seemed to be one long dark road.
What I came to understand was that my dark experiences were really experiences of intense growth, expansion and transformation. They were not necessarily a bad thing, in spite of the pain I had experienced. They were all necessary parts of my journey.
Imagine for a moment, a flower seed. When the seed is planted in the ground, it’s covered with dirt. There’s darkness all around it. But the darkness is providing that seed the necessary nourishment needed for it to eventually grow into a beautiful flower. Another dark place is a mother’s womb. We’ve all been there one time in our lives. It’s dark, yet it’s equipped to provide the baby everything he/she needs to grow and become strong. Then there’s the cocoon, another dark place where the caterpillar enters and exits as a beautiful butterfly. Within the dark cocoon, a radial transformation takes place and end result is something magnificent.
So in the midst of what you think is a dark place, I recommend you shift your perspective by ask yourself, “what has this come to offer me?” What is the gift that I’m to receive while here? Listen quietly, allow your heart to remain open and begin to embrace the gift.
Life is set up for you to win, even when it appears that you are not. When we shift our thinking from victimization to victorious and understand the power of transformation, our lives will begin to up level in ways we’ve
yet to imagine. The one thing that all of the dark places had in common was an expiration date.
The dark places are only meant to last for a short period of time. They have an end. They don’t last forever. Our job is to flow and stop resisting. So the next time you find yourself in a dark place in your life, celebrate because the best is yet to come.
Remember, live authentically, laugh everyday and embrace love as a lifestyle.
Angela Carr Patterson-The Love Lifestyle Coach
Angela Carr Patterson, an author, speaker and life coach, is the President of Oasis Promotions, LLC, a leadership development company dedicated to building feminine power leaders for the purpose of creating change and transformation in the workplace, entertainment arena, community and the world. She’s the creator of the result based “Love Lifestyle System,” where she help women entrepreneurs discover the perfect formula to success in both the boardroom and the bedroom. Contact Angela Carr Patterson [email protected] www.thelovelifestyle.com
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Urban Movie Channel Launches 'Fall Out Fridays' Comedy Specials
- Janet Jackson Launches New Unbreakable Diamonds Collection
- Tyga, Dule Hill, Jacob Latimore Cast in Thriller ‘Sleight’
- Laurence Fishburne to Play Alex Haley in A&E’s ‘Roots’ Remake
- ‘Dukes of Hazzard’ Pulled from TV Land Over Confederate Flag Car
- National Action Network to Convene Members of Congress, Administration and Civil Rights Leaders for a Legislative & Policy Conference on Capitol Hill
- Flo Rida Pulls Out of Miss USA Pageant Over Donald Trump Comments
- Obama Crashes FLOTUS' Girl Scout Campfire: 'What Are You Doing in My Yard?'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here