The Atlanta based group was formed by former XScape member and wife of T.I., Tameka “TINY” Harris.
Tiny decided to form the group when she discovered that her daughter Zonnique wanted to sing. The group, originally featured Zonnique and Lil Wayne’s daughter Reginae (who now has a solo deal on Young Money), but now is comprised of Star (Zonnique), Beauty (Bahja) and the rapper Babydoll (Breauanna).
The ladies experienced their first big hit with their single “Gucci This (Gucci That).” They went on to be the opening act during the “Scream Tour,” and now they are signed to Interscope records and managed by the loveable manager (and Tamar Braxton’s husband) Vincent Herbert. Vince also manages Mindless Behavior and Lady Gaga.
The positive ladies stopped by to chat with EURweb associate Cherise ‘CNikky Nicole during the 2013 NAACP Image Awards. They shared their excitement about being nominated for their first award ever, their thoughts on Beyonce A.K.A. “Baddie Bey,” what it’s like to film “The Family Hustle,” making an appearance on “Tiny Tonight,” and their image. But the girls – also known for their individuality – came up with a new term when CNikky asked them how they felt about bullying: “INVISIBLE BULLIES.”
“We say speak up, tell somebody, treat people the way you want to be treated, because it’s not right to treat them wrong or put them down because you are upset you know just….We hate bullies! You know, we’re invisible bullies. We’ll beat up somebody behind the scenes, but only for a good cause.”
Check out the interview below:
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here