“You have to tell so much about your personal life. My generation…we were taught to be aloof. You don’t want to tell your business. Keep the mystique. Now, it’s like tell everything,” said Toni who listed Mary J. Blige, Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston as her counterparts who were given similar advice.
She added that things have changed over the years, where the stars featured on magazine covers were models. These days, however, reality stars are the main topic of conversation.
But she still hasn’t gotten used to it.
During the interview with Access Hollywood, she also admitted that had it not been for that big moment, she would have been a school teacher, a hot one at that.
The singer is set to star in a Lifetime movie, “Twist of Faith” as a God-fearing woman named Nina.
“Everything is what I would have been had my moment not happened.” Like Toni, her character grows up in a strict Christian household. “We alluded that she’s a [preacher’s kid],” said Toni who described Nina as her alter ego. “It’s my life.”
The movie aired this past Saturday on Lifetime.
- Will Packer Marries Longtime Love in Surprise Atlanta Wedding
- Phoenix Mother Allegedly Drowns Twin Boys Because 'No One Loved Them'
- How ABC Wooed Tyra Banks Back Into Daytime with 'FABLife'
- Amber Rose, Blac Chyna Twerk in Uber En Route to VMAs (Watch)
- Trick Daddy Files for Bankruptcy Amid Child Support Bills
- MTV Wants Kanye West to Host 2016 Video Music Awards (Report)
- Iowa Poll: Ben Carson Suddenly In a Tie With Donald Trump
- DC’s NFL Team: RG3 Demoted; DeSean Jackson Pisses Off Women
- Hulk Hogan Says He Was Suicidal Over N-Word Scandal: ‘I'm Not A Racist’ (Watch)
- Producers of Katrina Relief Telethon Reflect on 'Kanye Moment' for 10th Anniversary
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here