“You have to tell so much about your personal life. My generation…we were taught to be aloof. You don’t want to tell your business. Keep the mystique. Now, it’s like tell everything,” said Toni who listed Mary J. Blige, Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston as her counterparts who were given similar advice.
She added that things have changed over the years, where the stars featured on magazine covers were models. These days, however, reality stars are the main topic of conversation.
But she still hasn’t gotten used to it.
During the interview with Access Hollywood, she also admitted that had it not been for that big moment, she would have been a school teacher, a hot one at that.
The singer is set to star in a Lifetime movie, “Twist of Faith” as a God-fearing woman named Nina.
“Everything is what I would have been had my moment not happened.” Like Toni, her character grows up in a strict Christian household. “We alluded that she’s a [preacher’s kid],” said Toni who described Nina as her alter ego. “It’s my life.”
The movie aired this past Saturday on Lifetime.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Man Sentenced to 20 Years in One Court, Then Leaves to Marry Girlfriend in Another
- Joseph Patterson Convicted in Death of Adrian Peterson's Son
- 'Family Feud': Sexually Provocative Q&As Have Viewers Alarmed (WATCH)
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Jerrod Carmichael: New Onyx Phone Makes Filming Police Brutality Easy (WATCH)
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here