“You have to tell so much about your personal life. My generation…we were taught to be aloof. You don’t want to tell your business. Keep the mystique. Now, it’s like tell everything,” said Toni who listed Mary J. Blige, Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston as her counterparts who were given similar advice.
She added that things have changed over the years, where the stars featured on magazine covers were models. These days, however, reality stars are the main topic of conversation.
But she still hasn’t gotten used to it.
During the interview with Access Hollywood, she also admitted that had it not been for that big moment, she would have been a school teacher, a hot one at that.
The singer is set to star in a Lifetime movie, “Twist of Faith” as a God-fearing woman named Nina.
“Everything is what I would have been had my moment not happened.” Like Toni, her character grows up in a strict Christian household. “We alluded that she’s a [preacher’s kid],” said Toni who described Nina as her alter ego. “It’s my life.”
The movie aired this past Saturday on Lifetime.
- Angela Carr Patterson/The Issues of Fatherless Daughters: The Stakes are Too High
- Andre Royo Talks Reunion with ‘Wire’ Co-Stars for Baltimore's ‘Wired Up’
- Toure Fired By MSNBC; Returns to Twitter after Yearlong Hiatus
- Happy Birthday Mr. President! Today is Barack Obama's 54th B-day
- Brandon Boykin Fires Latest Racism Claim at Eagles Coach Chip Kelly
- Steven Ivory: How to Survive a Break Up
- Donald Trump: Obama Blew it for Future Black President Hopefuls
- 50 Cent’s Bankruptcy Statement Includes 7 Cars Valued at Half Mil
- Drake Uses PowerPoint Presentation to Roast Meek Mill in Concert
- Darren Wilson Opens Up A Year After His Killing of Mike Brown
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here